[0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Lukas0120
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Lukas0120 »

You shoud add all the dirent versions of stack insertrs in your mod

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bobingabout wrote:
Szentigrade wrote:Failed to load mod "bobwarfare 0.13.3"
__bobwarfare__/data.lua:74: __bobwarfare__/prototypes/entity/drone.lua:51: attempt to call field 'multiplystripes' (a nil value)
This is indeed an odd one. I personally don't get the error myself, but that line is loading tank graphics on my attack drone.

I'd have a look and compare to see if there's any changes to how it is defined on the tank in the base game, but can't right now.
Yeah, my code basically is a mirror of exactly what is in the base game's tank graphics, I have no idea why it would throw such an error.
Lukas0120 wrote:You shoud add all the dirent versions of stack insertrs in your mod
Take a look at the conversation over here viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6987&start=300#p177548
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Sgt.Green
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sgt.Green »

Getting an error when starting the game after installing the BOB Warefare 0.13.3 mod
"Error in assignID, item-subgroup with name 'bob-resource' does not exist."
I have bob library 0.13.1 installed. What have i missed? :?

Neocount998
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Neocount998 »

I want to thank you for creating such a wonderful compilation of mods. Having been introduced to you Mods has resparked my interest in Factorio as a whole. You have managed to add just enough complexity without going overboard in my opinion.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

A lot of messages (not sure they are errors) about your graphics, but thought you may like to know.
A lot of unexpected size messages

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

DRY411S wrote:A lot of messages (not sure they are errors) about your graphics, but thought you may like to know.
A lot of unexpected size messages
For the most part, those are probably tech icons where he never declared the "icon_size = 32" There are a few that aren't quite 32x, but it's a minor thing.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

SuicidalKid wrote: For the most part, those are probably tech icons where he never declared the "icon_size = 32" There are a few that aren't quite 32x, but it's a minor thing.
Yes, I should have stressed that these don't cause the game to crash or anything.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Sgt.Green wrote:Getting an error when starting the game after installing the BOB Warefare 0.13.3 mod
Most likely I've tried to use a category that doesn't exist in the warfare mod, but is added by bobplates.... something I missed while attempting to remove the bobplates dependancy.
DRY411S wrote:A lot of messages (not sure they are errors) about your graphics, but thought you may like to know.
I am aware of this, but lets just say... I haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet, considering it is relatively minor, and doesn't cause any actual errors.

I was going to look back at some of my icon archives and see if I have, or can make a 64 or even 128 size icon for some of them, rather than just setting icon_size to 32.
I also have a Patreon.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

bobingabout wrote: * LZE no longer has a charge port.
I was happy to see this because it would keep bots from charging and waiting in line at only 1 charge port! Unfortunately, LZE still does have one charge port except now it has a super low charge rate. This causes bots to charge for a VERY long time while other bots wait in line forever. It is really messing with the logistic system. (I have all of your mod modules installed with their latest version and no other mods running)

Edit: By the way, I absolutely love your mods. They add so much more life to the game. Also, are you planning on making filter inserters green again, and stack inserters something other than green? Or changing the whole setup so that express inserters aren't the same color as filter inserters, and all unique filter inserters are the same color as the stack inserter, yet the filter stack inserter is a different color entirely. (The color changes have made things very confusing, I can't figure out which inserters are filter inserters and which are express inserters since they are the same color :cry: )

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, that was one of my worried about removing the charging point from an LZE... the only solution I can think of is to put it back on...

And inserters... I have a plan!
I'm not going to recolour the base game inserters, filter will remain purple, but I will change the colour of mine, and a few other changes.
I also have a Patreon.

Regallion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Regallion »

While on the topic of inserters, please check this mod now
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=13525
Basically it allows you to have side and near inserters without having to use recipes for them.
Perhaps something like this could be incorporated into the mod?

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

http://imgur.com/a/tW6hl

I can't figure out MK2 boilers/steam engines.. They don't get enough water? As you can see even two pumps (first pic) cannot supply the water to 14 MK2 boilers and 10 MK2 steam engines.

I also tried the suggested 10 boilers and 13 engines but that doesn't work at all. I have to do chains of ~10 MK2 boilers and ~6 MK2 engines for them to get enough water? What's the point of higher tier engines if you have to remove engines in the chain? Either way you are getting 5MV per pump.
bobingabout wrote:
Sgt.Green wrote:Getting an error when starting the game after installing the BOB Warefare 0.13.3 mod
Most likely I've tried to use a category that doesn't exist in the warfare mod, but is added by bobplates.... something I missed while attempting to remove the bobplates dependancy.
I am aware of this, but lets just say... I haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet, considering it is relatively minor, and doesn't cause any actual errors.

I was going to look back at some of my icon archives and see if I have, or can make a 64 or even 128 size icon for some of them, rather than just setting icon_size to 32.
Not everyone sees textures as minor. They are a first impression. Some of your textures don't blend in with the game at all. I didn't use bobs simply because some textures were so distracting, and the reason I finally tried it was ExtraChests fixed them. However, it was never updated to 0.13 so now I am stuck with out-of-place textures again. You do fantastic jobs on some texture. Circuit boards, modules, robot frames, ammos, etc seem out of place though. Perhaps you can just get permission to add someone else's textures to the base mod if you don't want to redo them, there's many people that have their own versions of them posted around.
Last edited by Tyrindor on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 15 times in total.

ebo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ebo »

Hey all. Just started using Bob's mods, and I've gottta say I'm enjoying it quite a bit (and am honestly too stubborn to give up at this point).

One problem I'm having though, is that curved rails don't appear to be available. Learning railroad only gets you straight rails. Assuming I'm not just stupid and have missed them somewhere, I figured I'd better mention it.

Thanks for the highly entertaining mod!

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

ebo wrote:Hey all. Just started using Bob's mods, and I've gottta say I'm enjoying it quite a bit (and am honestly too stubborn to give up at this point).

One problem I'm having though, is that curved rails don't appear to be available. Learning railroad only gets you straight rails. Assuming I'm not just stupid and have missed them somewhere, I figured I'd better mention it.

Thanks for the highly entertaining mod!
Google how to do rails in factorio 0.13.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It took me a while to figure out the new 0.13 rail laying system too...
Basically, put down a single piece of track, then click it again and drag, the rail will auto-place as best it can to your destination point.

It does kind of lack finesse though, there's times I just want to put down a single curved piece, and it's like... blargh!
I also have a Patreon.

ebo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ebo »

Well, I can't entirely say I'm happy to know I failed due to stupidity, but good to know things work.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

Tyrindor wrote:http://imgur.com/a/tW6hl

I can't figure out MK2 boilers/steam engines.. They don't get enough water? As you can see even two pumps (first pic) cannot supply the water to 14 MK2 boilers and 10 MK2 steam engines.

I also tried the suggested 10 boilers and 13 engines but that doesn't work at all. I have to do chains of ~10 MK2 boilers and ~6 MK2 engines for them to get enough water? What's the point of higher tier engines if you have to remove engines in the chain? Either way you are getting 5MV per pump.
bobingabout wrote:

Not everyone sees textures as minor. They are a first impression. Some of your textures don't blend in with the game at all. I didn't use bobs simply because some textures were so distracting, and the reason I finally tried it was ExtraChests fixed them. However, it was never updated to 0.13 so now I am stuck with out-of-place textures again. You do fantastic jobs on some texture. Circuit boards, modules, robot frames, ammos, etc seem out of place though. Perhaps you can just get permission to add someone else's textures to the base mod if you don't want to redo them, there's many people that have their own versions of them posted around.
Check the ExtraChests thread, I updated it to 0.13 since the author hasn't been online for weeks.
Edit: Huh, apperently he came online within a day of me posting an updated version (although he doesn't have an update yet)
Last edited by lenny27g on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

bobingabout wrote:It took me a while to figure out the new 0.13 rail laying system too...
Basically, put down a single piece of track, then click it again and drag, the rail will auto-place as best it can to your destination point.

It does kind of lack finesse though, there's times I just want to put down a single curved piece, and it's like... blargh!
Yeah, put down a track then click the green arrow. It will give you placement options. If you shift click on the green arrow it will go into ghost build mode, which will let you build very long stretches of rail (as far as you can see), and if you hold down shift while doing that, it will ignore trees (and set them to be removed) and make an even shorter path! Its awesome, although for small pieces it really does lack finesse

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah, that was one of my worried about removing the charging point from an LZE... the only solution I can think of is to put it back on...

And inserters... I have a plan!
I'm not going to recolour the base game inserters, filter will remain purple, but I will change the colour of mine, and a few other changes.
For the LZE, I reread what I wrote and realized it is somewhat innaccurate. The bots do not have a slow charge time, their charge is the same. But due to the very low internal buffer recharge rate, once it runs out of stored electricity then the bots essentially are charging at the rate of internal buffer recharge (which is only 50-200kW on tier 1-4, compared to 1MW on tier 1 roboport)

For the inserters, sounds awesome! looking forward to it :D

EDIT: If you remove the charging offsets from the LZE it removes the charging ports.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

lenny27g wrote:EDIT: If you remove the charging offsets from the LZE it removes the charging ports.
I thought I did, whoops.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”