[0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Nexela »

Well the answer could be Bob doesn't like curves so he removed them and all railways have to be straight.

But the real answer is Factorio changed this. curved rail is made with the rail planning tool. Create a piece of straight track. when you hover over it you will see arrows click on one of these arrows and drag your track where you want it to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmHyJgqRk4c

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

A thing which I Find highly annoying sometimes.

Apparently there is a(or more than one) curved rail mod, that basically adds it back as a separate item.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

doggie015
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by doggie015 »

This mod has really opened my eyes as to just how much processing goes into things we take for granted every day! I'm a solid 66 hours, 53 minutes into my playthrough and just now started to make Lithium-ion batteries! I am using bob's mods as well as treefarm-lite (The greenhouse is good, but the logistic-connected treefarm mk2 is WAY better!), flare stack and a nuclear power mod which not only provides a good source of power (If you can keep up with the water demands!) but also allows me to make alien science packs from Plutonium which is great for my peaceful mode playstyle (And I am surprised that incinerating depleted uranium only generates 30 standard pollution, but accurately modelling nuclear waste disposal would be extremely difficult or even impossible in any game engine)

Oh, I also have the Orbital Ion Cannon and satellite uplink mods installed - but I expect at this rate it'll be at least another week or so before I can actually start building said ion cannon!

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

Is there a way to get synthetic wood to turn into regular wood?

Emanuel.Garcia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Emanuel.Garcia »

Yes, I ended up updating to 13.15 and reading about getting away from the curved rail and introducing the ghost mode of laying railing down.
But now I have another problem. Have 13.15, as I said above, updated all mods(Bob's Mods, railway Tanker, Robot Army, and Reinforced Steel Walls mods)
but when I started the map I had a 14 patch crude oil field to my southwest that started out at 250% - 400% yield. After about 8 hours I decided
to start building on it. When I built my first pump jack I realized that all of them were now only yielding 40% - 50%. I searched the map only to find out
that all the crude oil fields in the game are now completely depleted. Haven't pumped a drop of oil yet and its been a few hours. I tried looking for
a mod that would either reset the fields or make them infinite but with no luck. Any suggestions?

Nova_Flash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.13.x] Bob's Mods: Cosmetic Blocks

Post by Nova_Flash »

Maybe in a later update of Factorio and the mod, maybe they could add cosmetic blocks of the materials you get, such as the gemstones and the plates.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Emanuel.Garcia wrote:Yes, I ended up updating to 13.15 and reading about getting away from the curved rail and introducing the ghost mode of laying railing down.
But now I have another problem. Have 13.15, as I said above, updated all mods(Bob's Mods, railway Tanker, Robot Army, and Reinforced Steel Walls mods)
but when I started the map I had a 14 patch crude oil field to my southwest that started out at 250% - 400% yield. After about 8 hours I decided
to start building on it. When I built my first pump jack I realized that all of them were now only yielding 40% - 50%. I searched the map only to find out
that all the crude oil fields in the game are now completely depleted. Haven't pumped a drop of oil yet and its been a few hours. I tried looking for
a mod that would either reset the fields or make them infinite but with no luck. Any suggestions?
In one of the versions the oil patches changed so they have lower yield per second but last a lot longer before completely depleting. I would guess this is what happened. You don't have any less oil, it'll just take longer to extract it.

Emanuel.Garcia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Emanuel.Garcia »

BlakeMW wrote:
Emanuel.Garcia wrote:Yes, I ended up updating to 13.15 and reading about getting away from the curved rail and introducing the ghost mode of laying railing down.
In one of the versions the oil patches changed so they have lower yield per second but last a lot longer before completely depleting. I would guess this is what happened. You don't have any less oil, it'll just take longer to extract it.
While I do appreciate the information, and I didn't know about the oil patches, it still doesn't explain why it went from 250% - 400% down to 40% - 50% over the course of a few hours. Wouldn't it have just stayed at a lower yield and lasted longer instead of starting high and then dropping to nothing? These oil patches never having been touched this entire time, mind you. Thanks again for the info though!

TehFocus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TehFocus »

Is it possible to make the inserter GUI closeable via ESC just like all other GUIs in the game? I keep finding myself trying to press ESC instead of the actual close button inside the GUI and then my menu opens.
It gets really annoying.

Another thing that bugs me, is that sideadjustments on inserters seem to be saved in blueprints but range adjustsments are not. I think this is because a longer/shorter inserter is actually a diffrent inserter while one that faces 45° to the right for instance is still the same kind of inserter only, well, adjusted. It is just a guess of course since I do not know how you set the inserters up. It is still strange how only one of the two diffrent adjustments are blueprintable.

Would be really nice if you look into those two things as they would improve gameplay a lot.

0nummer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 0nummer »

Hey, i have a Question, i started with bobs mod the first time today and cant figure out how Water Pumpjacks work, could someone please tell me what they do and where to place them because i cant place them in either near water on water on ground on anything. Thanks in advance.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Your map should have 2 different blue colored spots that look like oil spots. One is water the other is lithia water. They are kinda hard to see on the map but they exist (I don't know if they exist in the starting area though)

0nummer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 0nummer »

Nexela wrote:Your map should have 2 different blue colored spots that look like oil spots. One is water the other is lithia water. They are kinda hard to see on the map but they exist (I don't know if they exist in the starting area though)
I have neither of them, could this be an issue with RSO ? because i play with it also.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

They are hard to see and I think pretty spreadout/rare with RSO

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Nexela wrote:They are hard to see and I think pretty spreadout/rare with RSO
Amen, the default spread for them feels less than even Oil on standard RSO. I could cover 5 MK5 radar widths of map both North/South and East/West and only find, possibly, 2 patches.

One thing you could use is the "Map Labels" mod which when clicked will add ghost map labels for all resources on the map.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If you are using RSO, make sure it's the latest version. I don't know how many releases of RSO there were since, but the initial 0.13 releases did not have Lithia water support in them.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Here are the current spawn settingsfrom the latest RSO and what I think each one means.
Neither one has a guaranteed chance of spawning in the "starting region"
Richness is self explanitory
spawns_per_region - Both are guranteed to spawn in every region One time, I believe a "region" is about 8 chunks of 32x32 tiles
size - both will spawn at least 2 spots, but no more then 4 spots.

Code: Select all

config["ground-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			spawns_per_region={min=1, max=1},
			richness={min=2000, max=5000}, -- richness per resource spawn
			size={min=2, max=4},

config["lithia-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			size={min=2, max=4},
		}

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nexela wrote:Here are the current spawn settingsfrom the latest RSO and what I think each one means.
Neither one has a guaranteed chance of spawning in the "starting region"
Richness is self explanitory
spawns_per_region - Both are guranteed to spawn in every region One time, I believe a "region" is about 8 chunks of 32x32 tiles
size - both will spawn at least 2 spots, but no more then 4 spots.

Code: Select all

config["ground-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			size={min=2, max=4},

config["lithia-water"] =
		{
			type="resource-liquid",
			minimum_amount=2000,
			allotment=60,
			size={min=2, max=4},
		}
You are close.. but not there yet.
Spawns per region means when it rolls this resource you get that amount of spawn points in region - each of them has size amount of wells.
Regions are 7 chunks by default unless you modified config.lua file.

One important thing is allotment - it's a bit like relative frequency compared to all other resources that are defined. Per each region you get one roll to select resource that will be there (plus 1-2 more if there are a lot of ores present to make sure they are reasonably available). Allotment at 60 means they are at least as frequent as oil. Since none of them are present in multiple roll sections they might seem a bit more rare since there is no additional chance that main resource will contain secondary patch of water.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

With RSO it seems helpful to increase the absolute_resource_chance parameter when there are a lot of different ore types.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

BlakeMW wrote:With RSO it seems helpful to increase the absolute_resource_chance parameter when there are a lot of different ore types.
It tries to do this already at 10 and 20 resources present. It simply rolls 2 or 3 times per region (assuming it didn't go wrong somewhere along the way).

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Hmm, Uranium would be number 18, almost, but not quite, reaching the point where general spawning frequency is increased. Noteworthy that I increased the global spawning frequency by 50% and it felt right, if RSO gave an 80% chance of an extra roll for 18 ores then the frequency would be about right.

Return to “Bob's mods”