Bobs Mods overhaul density

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bobs Mods overhaul density

Post by JuanCtan02 »

Hello!
I've been playing with your mods for quite some time and i find them extremely fun!
But i have a question: Up to what extent do all the bobs mods installed change the base game, and if this can be changed, because i am now looking to make a bobs mods experience while mantaining the possibility of playing the game with only its core features. What i mean is if it would be posible to play with both core and bobs mods but have them act indepedantly from each other, with bobs mods being an extension instead of an overhaul.
Sorry if i havent been clear enough, dont hesitate to ask if so, and thanks in advance!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bobs Mods overhaul density

Post by bobingabout »

There are certain mods like the Electronics mod that are pretty much an overhaul, and you either have it, or you don't. Same with modules.
There are others though like the plates mod that can safely just run along side the base game (unless you use electronics, then you pretty much have to use the elements from plates, because they detect each other and combine) with a few exceptions, Batteries using lead plates instead of iron for example, but if you use config mod, most of these overides can be turned off with enough careful choices. Latest versions of logistics do a large overide on the roboport and robots too, but again have options to turn all of these off in config mod.

Basically, there are very few places where these overides can't be turned off, depending on which mods you install, and which config options you choose.

A lot of people actually want me to write in more intergration, rather than the side by side aproach.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

Thanks for your response.
I might be asking too much but could you provide a tutorial or similar to access or change these settings? thanks!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

All of the options are in config mod's config.lua file, and each line/section (whichever is relevant) is commented as to what the option does.

Without going into great detail, simply open config.lua in a text editor (I often just use wordpad on windows, that works, but you can use anything as long as it doesn't save as rich text), read through, and change the values on the end of each line. Most are true/false, but some take numbers like the gem chances, or the module stats. Replace with the same type that is there already, and you'll have no problems.
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

Thank you very much!

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

Actually, after taking a more in depth look at the electronics bob mod...
Is there a toggle in the config for reverting to the base circuit recipie? (iron plate + copper cables)
And btw what are your mods equivalents of the base Green, red, and blue circuits?

Thanks!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

JuanCtan02 wrote:Actually, after taking a more in depth look at the electronics bob mod...
Is there a toggle in the config for reverting to the base circuit recipie? (iron plate + copper cables)
And btw what are your mods equivalents of the base Green, red, and blue circuits?

Thanks!
the only real way to revert to the base game electronics is to remove that particular mod, which might require a reset recipes script call.

Green's equivalent is split into 2 levels, the Basic Circuit Board which requires wooden boards and copper wires, which is used in everything you start with, and a couple of extras from research. and the next level up is the Basic Electronic Board (with the components added). These are both brown.

The next tier, red, is my white one, the Electronic Circuit Board.
Equivelent to blue, the processing unit is my green one, the Electronic Logic Board.
And I add an extra tier too, the Advanced processing unit (purple) added by MCI if you don't have electronics mod, or the blue one Electronic Processing Board if you do use the electronics mod.
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

Hmm its quite complex. two ítems for each tier... nice!
Also what is the recipie reset script? ive never heard of that.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Pretty much all my migration scripts have this at the top if they need it or not

Code: Select all

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  force.reset_recipes()
  force.reset_technologies()
end
Basically, put that all on one line, and a /c on the front.

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_recipes() force.reset_technologies() end
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

I tried removing the mod to se what would happen, and after a few crashes if tracked this issue to bobs plates, whenever i start with bobs plates but without electronics, in the loading screen an error pops up saying, error in assignID, ítem with name "basic-circuit-board" does not exist. This error persists even after doing a recipie reset with your script.
BTW thanks for being so cooperative, i know sometimes i can be quite annoying.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Without going into too much detail, the short version is that the game accounts for adding mods far easier than it does for removing them. For example you have a Migration script system that allows you to change things in the game the first time you load a mod, but no such system exists for removing a mod.

If removing MCI would allow you to load the game without electronics, that's probably your only real option. Remove both, then re-add plates. However, the migration scripts to intergrate plates again wouldn't run, so things would be broken.

When does the error exist? I presume when you load the savegame? or is it an error that happens when loading the came itself?
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

It exists when loading the game itself, it goes to 2% when loading mods and then stops and the error pops up,
I attached a screenshot of the error if that helps
Attachments
Img.PNG
Img.PNG (79.1 KiB) Viewed 4961 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, that shouldn't be happening.

Can you give me a list of which of my mods you are using, and their versions please?

I'm hoping it's an issue such as not using the latest versions of the mods, but if it's an issue with the mods, I'd need to find and fix the issue, It's possible that it's a combination I haven't tested.
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

Sure...
Note that BobsElectronics and BobsPlates are disabled though the first time i loaded them they were both enabled
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (10.05 KiB) Viewed 4951 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay... all latest mods, same as me (without the extras that arn't mine), disable electronics, get an error, now to start debugging.

Edit: Assembly mod line 153:

if data.raw.item["advanced-processing-unit"] then
  bobmods.lib.replace_recipe_item("electronics-machine-1", "electronic-circuit", "basic-circuit-board")
end

It says... if advanced processing unit, replace the electronic circuit with basic circuit board.... what?
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

The error is in the assembly mod? thats strange. Maybe some relation between assembly and plates, regarding this basic-circuit-board ítem?

EDIT: I went into the LUA file and removed that "if", it know seems to load and it lets me play, nothing seems to be affected.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

In electronics mod, both advanced-processing-unit and basic-circuit-board exist, so the silly check I made there doesn't break the game.
in plates mod, advanced-processing-unit does exist, but basic-circuit-board does not, so the silly check DOES break the game.

Basically, the current solutions are:
Downgrade assembling machines back to 0.12.7 (The check was only added in the latest version)
Use Assembly mod with Plates and with electronics installed.
Use assembly mod without plates and without electronics installed.
Use plates without assembly mod and without electronics installed.

Basically, if you dump electronics, you want to either get rid of assembly, or plates too, or at least revert assembly back to the previous version.

Hopefully soon, a new alternative: update electronics to the newer version!!!

I'm going to also make my library a bit more robust (but no rush to release it, that can wait for 0.13), so it won't try to replace an item with one that doesn't exist.
I also have a Patreon.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

Is that check actually needed?
and if it is, (please note that i dont know LUA) could a posible solution be making that check look first for the electronics mod and if not found skip the second check?
I dont know if its posible in lua but i use it often in c++.

Whatever the answer is, thanks!
Ill try reverting to previous assembly version. EDIT: Reverting Works fine, actually your mods are pretty robust, in terms of completeley disabling all mods, (for science :D ) actually caused no errors, even replaced back the roboports Mk1 to regular roboports and the same with iron ore and stuff, so... Noice!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

From what I read there is a new API that will return list of loaded mods in 0.13.
I'm hoping it will help a lot with situations like this.

JuanCtan02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JuanCtan02 »

orzelek wrote:From what I read there is a new API that will return list of loaded mods in 0.13.
I'm hoping it will help a lot with situations like this.
It could actually prove itself usefull for those cases where there are mod conflicts and the full list of mods and versions is needed.
Cant wait till 0.13 is out!!

Return to “Bob's mods”