[0.12.x][v1.0.0] Bubblegum Cleanup

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.x][v1.0.0] Bubblegum Cleanup

Post by Degraine »

Ever come across a spawner that was surrounded by heaps of small alien artifacts for no adequately explainable reason? (Actually it's because every xeno has a time-to-live and will inevitably die and be replaced.)

Here's a small mod I wrote to stop aliens that die of old age dropping stuff and drowning spawners that I've never even laid eyes on in seas of bubblegum. Enjoy.
Attachments
Bubblegum_Cleanup_1.0.0.zip
(1 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v1.0.0] Bubblegum Cleanup

Post by orzelek »

Degraine wrote:Ever come across a spawner that was surrounded by heaps of small alien artifacts for no adequately explainable reason? (Actually it's because every xeno has a time-to-live and will inevitably die and be replaced.)

Here's a small mod I wrote to stop aliens that die of old age dropping stuff and drowning spawners that I've never even laid eyes on in seas of bubblegum. Enjoy.
You might have found game bug - if alien dies by itself (caused by pathing issues usually) it shouldn't drop anything.
If you ahve save that reproduces it post it in bug reporting forums along with the mods.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Strange, I definitely remember testing this out with reports whenever drops were deleted, and they started coming in pretty quickly. Before I wrote this, I used to see spawners that were surrounded by small artifacts despite me never having gone near them.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'm always playing with bob's and Natural Evolution and haven't seen problem like this.
There is a chance that one of mods you have is causing this effect by killing biters in the wrong way :D

Return to “Bob's mods”