Bob's mod error when loading vanilla save

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bob's mod error when loading vanilla save

Post by Neemys »

Hello

After doing a complete vanilla save (no mod, just the 'base' one shipped with the game). I decided to try bob's mod. I took the complete package. Took all mod but not the clock one and put it inside the mod folder.
I have edited the config in bobconfig to deactivate all new inserter (far, near and long burner, etc). Than I lauch the game, no problem all mod appear in mod menu. Before starting a new game I want to take a peak at all the new item in a finished game (all research finished). I load my vanilla savegame then an error appear :
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.reload_script() ..."]:24 attempt to index field 'basic-electronic-circuit-board' (a nil value)
I can't say if everything is alright but wanted to report it just in case.

Game version 0.12.30
Save game with no mod last saved with factorio 0.12.29 (with no mod)
mods loaded :
bobassembly_0.12.7
bobconfig_0.12.2
bobelectronics_0.12.6
bobenemies_0.12.6
boblibrary_0.12.3
boblogistics_0.12.7
bobmining_0.12.3
bobmodules_0.12.9
bobores_0.12.7
bobplates_0.12.10
bobpower_0.12.6
bobtech_0.12.4
bobwarfare_0.12.9

edited just one config the bobconfig config "config.lua"
config.lua
I can upload the save if needed.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob's mod error when loading vanilla save

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, so the game itself loads fine, but you get that error when it loads?
That's a migration script, it's supposed to change some things in the base game that have been changed in my mod, so that your old save works with my mods.

Does it not have a filename of which script is failing? This can be fairly important so I can pinpoint which mod the script is in, and then I can look at line 24 and see what might be causing the issue.

the "basic-electronic-circuit-board" suggests that the electronics mod might be the issue.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

yes it's when it load, and no no filename, I wrote the entire message (it appear in chat windows) (edit, I found the filename, see below)

I try loading the save with only bob-electronic and bob-library and it's another message that appear :
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.reload_script() ..."]:7 attempt to index field 'alloy-processing-2' (a nil value)
I add bob-plate to the mod list (I don't know mods so I thought alloy processing is in there) Game crash on startup with message :
Error in assignID, recipe with name 'sort-gem-ore' does not exist.
I try multiple time, same crash everytime. I only have bob-plate, bob-electronics and bob-library

I add then bob-ores (now I have bob-ore, bob-plate, bob-electronics and bob-library) the game started. After loading I got :
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.reload_script() ..."]:24 attempt to index field 'basic-electronic-circuit-board' (a nil value)
I upload my save for you, maybe better to test ;)

http://neemys.name/neemysfreeplay_bug.zip

If you want me to run test, I am here for the next 3 hours ;)

(I am indexing mods folder now to do a plain text search on it to locate which file cause problem.)

Edit : the line 24 that cause problem ('basic-electronic-circuit-board) is in bobplates_0.12.10/migrations/bobplates_base_0.12.0.lua

Edit 2 : Concerning the error I got in this post with only bob-electronics and bob-library (attempt to index field 'alloy-processing-2' (a nil value)), the file containing the error is in bobelectronics_0.12.6/migrations/bobelectronics_0.12.4.lua

Edit 3 : I don't know much about modding for factorio but it seem that :

for "attempt to index field 'alloy-processing-2' (a nil value)" as there is only bobelectronic, the research named "alloy-processing-2" doesn't exist, maybe test if it exist before ?

for basic-electronic-circuit-board' (a nil value) I haven't find recipe definition for "basic-electronic-circuit-board", I will search more thoroughly, but again I know nothing about modding for factorio so I may be wrong.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Thanks, this should be useful for solving the issues mentioned.

As for "basic-electronic-circuit-board", it is an old item that doesn't exist anymore.
I also have a Patreon.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Nice ! When those issue will be fixed, I will try again with multiple conbination of bob mod enabled to spot more migration problem.

As I will begin a new game (with science overhaul mod and RSO) error in migration script will not be a problem I think. Lots of hour of fun await me ;)

But concerning the problem of crash on startup when having only bob-plate, bob-electronics and bob-library, is it a bug or bob-ore is required with bob-plate ? (haven't see it is required in bob-plate forum post).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Neemys wrote:But concerning the problem of crash on startup when having only bob-plate, bob-electronics and bob-library, is it a bug or bob-ore is required with bob-plate ? (haven't see it is required in bob-plate forum post).
It shouldn't be "required", but you do need some way to get the ores, otherwise it's a bit pointless.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, so, the file bobplates_0.12.10/migrations/bobplates_base_0.12.0.lua has lots of stuff in it that it shouldn't anymore now that electronics are in their own mod, which is causing the issues. I've fixed those for next release. I'm not sure when I'll release it though.

Next, the issue with alloy processing 2 in the electronics mod... shouldn't really affect anything. solder only exists if there's tin, which likely only exists if you have my plates mod too, which has the alloy processing research in it.
You can safely ignore that error.

All these errors so far would only affect an existing game, they won't affect a new game because they're related to unlocking things on research that has already been done.

Finally though, sort gem ore is a recipe in the ores mod, yet it is added to the productivity filters check in plates, which causes an issue if ores mod is not installed, to solve this issue for now you can simply make sure the ores mod is installed too, but I'll fix it for next release too.
I also have a Patreon.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Nice, I will have all mod so I don't think I will have problem on my new game. If I have I will come back here ;)

Thanks for your work. Can't wait to start a new game with it.

Return to “Bob's mods”