Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods.
6%
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots)
45%
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod)
48%

Total votes: 31

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Post by bobingabout »

Aww, nuts, not again.

This is why I was going to upload everything to www.factoriomods.com(That is the official factorio modding site, right?), I can just never find the time. Plus I haven't decided the best way to do it then.

I can't do anything about it right now either way.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@bob
why don't you setup a github repository just for having an alternate place to host your files? you don't need to actually use it for anything else

Wallets
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wallets »

Requia wrote:Actually I still don't have the Intermediaries module and it looks like I can't not have that lest I need to harvest massive forests :/
It's in that compilation, it's just not zipped like the other ones.

You can get them all on Google Drive, here, for the moment. I hope that's alright with Bob?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Arch666Angel wrote:why don't you setup a github repository just for having an alternate place to host your files? you don't need to actually use it for anything else
See the locale mod topic. There are 3rd party updates there, but I can't figure out how to do it.
More accurately, I can't figure out how to add a directory to put files in.

I already have a plan for a dropbox mirror though, the problem is I need the files to upload them, and I can't do that while I'm not at home.
Requia wrote:Actually I still don't have the Intermediaries module and it looks like I can't not have that lest I need to harvest massive forests :/
Which intermediaries mod? "Bob's Metals Chemicals and Intermediates mod", AKA bobplates AKA MCI?
Having to harvest a forest is due to electronics mod requiring wood for electronic boards, that's normal. There is no mod of mine that stops that currently, Though when you research plastics, you can make synthetic wood from heavy oil.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I also have a Patreon.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Only fixing the dl link. This is still bobs own dropbox, not mine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooui2pq4y0fso ... 7.zip?dl=1

Selgald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Selgald »

At the moment we have soft solder based on a tin/lead alloy, but why not add hard solder also?

Like a Silber/Copper or Brass, they could be used for some of the better pipes and furnaces or other things where high pressures/temperatures are expected.

Also that would give me new stuff to build :D

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Or if you're stuck for things to do, maybe think up some fertiliser chemicals to work with the greenhouse/bio farm/treefarm type mods.

Mattif
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mattif »

Hi there,

just one question. i got problems identifying the different ore types on the map, so i need to visit them over and over again. currently i set train stations with names so i see it on tha map. is there any way to set ore names by default on the map? so i dont need to get there first

fly save
Matti

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Mattif wrote:Hi there,

just one question. i got problems identifying the different ore types on the map, so i need to visit them over and over again. currently i set train stations with names so i see it on tha map. is there any way to set ore names by default on the map? so i dont need to get there first

fly save
Matti
The Resource Monitor mod can help you with that, although you'd still need to go there once. Determining which ore patch is which can be tricky, especially with silver and tin - or if you're colorblind.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Selgald wrote:At the moment we have soft solder based on a tin/lead alloy, but why not add hard solder also?

Like a Silber/Copper or Brass, they could be used for some of the better pipes and furnaces or other things where high pressures/temperatures are expected.

Also that would give me new stuff to build :D
You can already make high grade solder with a silver alloy. The recipe is just abstracted out to give a better yield of the regular solder :P

aTeLe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aTeLe »

It seems you should have an alternative mirror for your downloads. I get a "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" message from your website. http://bobingabout.gamemod.net/Factorio ... 0.12.3.zip

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

He has a dropbox link posted. Use it

aTeLe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aTeLe »

seronis wrote:He has a dropbox link posted. Use it
Ah, I didn't see it because I only was interested in one specific mod.

Mythbrion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mythbrion »

Hey Bob!

A friend and I have been playing with some of your mods, but not all of them. Now that we have a nice setup (35 hours in)
we want to incorporate some of the modules that we left out at the start, without changing existing recipes.
Couldn't figure out how to stop the current recipes being overwritten with the new ones.
We already have most of the items in the game automated, so adding carbon, glass, silicon, etc is quite troublesome.
Mods we want to add:

Code: Select all

bobmining_0.12.3
bobores_0.12.7
bobplates_0.12.10
bobwarfare_0.12.9
We left them out because we didn't want to deal with new ores (still don't), but we want access to the warfare mod. Seems the other 3 are prerequisites.
Any way we can accomplish this?

Thanks for your hardwork!
Mythbrion

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mythbrion wrote:we want to incorporate some of the modules that we left out at the start, without changing existing recipes.
The recipes are updated when the migration script is called.
Look in the migration folders.

The quick solution would just be to delete the migration folder, however, it is likely that there is a script written to automatically unlock new items from previous research too...

Simply open all the migration files and remove the update_recipes() line from all of them

A problem though is that a lot of normal game updates will also include a migration script with the update_recipes line in it...
I also have a Patreon.

Iknownothing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Iknownothing »

Hi im new to the game and i tried installing your mods. Many of them seem to require Dye-tech Metallurgy wich seems to have no downloads anymore / is discontiniued. The same seems to be the case for f-mod. Do you know where i could get them and if so if the old versions still work?

mfg
iknownothing

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Iknownothing wrote:Hi im new to the game and i tried installing your mods. Many of them seem to require Dye-tech Metallurgy wich seems to have no downloads anymore / is discontiniued. The same seems to be the case for f-mod. Do you know where i could get them and if so if the old versions still work?

mfg
iknownothing
All the requirements that have a "?" up front are optional, so bobmods will change something if they are present, but will also without them. In other words: You don't need Dytech or F-mod, bobmods is standalone.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Iknownothing wrote:Many of them seem to require Dye-tech Metallurgy
As was said.

The dependency line lists anything that should be loaded by the game before the current mod. A ? before the mod name basically is saying "If it exists".
So...
"? DyTech_Metallurgy" means I don't need this mod, but load it first IF it is there.
"boblibrary" on the other hand means I need this mod, load it first then load the current mod if this exists.

long story short, anything that begins with a ?, you don't need it.
I also have a Patreon.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Hi there,

i just want to give a small feedback about my first playthrough. I added lite Treefarms and Warehouses to your modpack.

Pro:
+Great early game. I like the dependency on lead, wood and the steap curve in chemical processing
+ore processing and mixing is a cool addition
+gettin electric circits together is more rewarding (infrastructure wise)

Con:
-i really doesn't like the upgrade recipes. The need of a MK1, Mk2 and so on seems very lazy design wise.
It works for solar panels and personal equipment items bc i can argue that the envolved research saves space, BUT it doesn't work for
machines and poles.
ie MK1 electrial pole need steel and copper wire. but why do i need the exact same pole just to use a higher wire (up to gold wire) AND another frame made by a higher tier metal.
This doesn't make sense to me, bc i end up with a pole that has 3-4 poles in it and should use 2x2 square. Same goes with machines.
-The whole design of the circuit boards for research. They are in a nutshell just a bit cheaper version of the electronic circuit bords. Why not just use them? And let the circuits just upgrade each other.
-the god module - absolute nonsense in my eyes.
-the steep drop down in recipes for high tier metals. They are just used for upgrades to become "betterer" and nothing depend on your ongoing research like lead and tin. Sad.

So far - keep up your great work!

Return to “Bob's mods”