Bugs Report ?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Lonnewolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bugs Report ?

Post by Lonnewolf »

There is 2 things that I notticed...I use Bobs mods and

the first thing is a bug (I think so) that when you try to auto build in your inventory a Eletric Mining Drill MK2 ....it does not auto build the WOOD, I have to manualy build 4x WOOD BOARD and 1X BASIC CIRCUIT BOARD circuit boards and then clink on the Eletric Mining Drill MK2 to build it.... here is a image:
Images
The second is a texture related bug that I'm not sure that can be fixed but I will post it anyway ^_^
is about the new PIPES, the texture from the Vanila Pipes Overlap the new texture from the bobs pipes when conecting to something or a machine like Oil Refinary
here is another picture:
Images

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs Report ?

Post by Takezu »

Adressing the First Bug.

You do have the Research for Sythetic Wood. That overrides the Recips that use both Synthetic and normal Wood to default use of Synthetic Wood.
It's a bit of a hazzel but ih you had Synthetic wood you'vo could auto craft start to finish.

Seems not to be a bug as mor a feature.

Lonnewolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lonnewolf »

Oo Cool I din't know that ^_^
Thank you I will try that right now =D

Lonnewolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lonnewolf »

I looked in all technologies and could not find syntetic wood =(

Lonnewolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lonnewolf »

I have this but is already researched

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

on top of my head i think it comse with oilprocessing. could be wrong.
Anyways it's Heavy Oil in a Chemicalplant.
After the Research is done the recipes switch from the Wood to the Synthetics.
You can see it in your screenshot at the bottom under total Raw, the recipe expects Synthetic Wood instead of wood.
Basicly researching Oil Processing , I think, causes all bob's intermediats that used the normal Woodrecipe to use the
alternative instead, whilset autocrafting. Manually crafting the Woodboards for the circuts should let the chain progress normaly.

Bit of a hazzel other way around is setting up an oil chain an carry synthetic wood around.

Edit: Oh i see its the plastics Research, yea thats what i ment, researching this unlocks synthetic wood and causes autocrafting to use it instead of wood.

Lonnewolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lonnewolf »

Yep.... but I researched and still not autocrafting [On Inventory]

=(

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

You can't use fluids in auto crafting.
Synthetic Wood is made from Heavy Oil, so you can't auto craft it. You can carry it around and it will be used,
but you can't creat it in your inventory.

Lonnewolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lonnewolf »

that wierd because I can auto craft the circuit board and wood board manualy and then auto craft it all in the inventory but is a 3 step clicking job... but still I din't need the havy oil in any time manualy ... thats wierd ... =P

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

There are two Recips for the Woodboards.
One with wood one with synthetic.

You can Craft the Woodboards from wood normaly, and pre Plasticsresearch the autocrafting does also.
But after Plastics autocrafting prefears the Synthetic Wood Recipe wich you can't autocraft the Synthetic Wood for.
Ergo after Plastics your autocraft isn't capable of crafting the woodbards anymore if you don'T have the synthetic wood in your inventory.
You can craft the boards with normal wood just fine but autocrafting can't.

Thats the point.

Lonnewolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lonnewolf »

ohh Now I see how it works ^_^

Thank you for the tips :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The autocrafting thing is a bug. I've tried reversing the definition of the recipes in the file, but it doesn't seem to matter what order they're defined, it still prefers the Synthetic wood version. I believe this is something the game devs are working on. (As part of the whole recipe calculation optimisation stuff.)

The pipe graphics on the other hand... that's to do with how the graphics are drawn. Since mine are a recolour of the base game graphics, it inherits a flaw in the way the game draws them. This is something to do with clipping and allignment, to minimise the ammount of drawn sprite area, to speed things up. I could fix it, but it's a lot of graphics work, when I'm not an artist, I'm a coder, hence just using recoloured sprites from base game in the first place.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

bobingabout wrote:The autocrafting thing is a bug. I've tried reversing the definition of the recipes in the file, but it doesn't seem to matter what order they're defined, it still prefers the Synthetic wood version. I believe this is something the game devs are working on. (As part of the whole recipe calculation optimisation stuff.)
A (less than optimal work-around) would be to make synthetic wood to circuits only be craftable in assemblers. I figure it might be worth while since players are more likely to have wood in their inventory, and synthetic wood is from a non-hand-craftable route anyway, so not being able to hand-craft the last step is (IMHO) not a problem.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

UberWaffe wrote:
bobingabout wrote:The autocrafting thing is a bug. I've tried reversing the definition of the recipes in the file, but it doesn't seem to matter what order they're defined, it still prefers the Synthetic wood version. I believe this is something the game devs are working on. (As part of the whole recipe calculation optimisation stuff.)
A (less than optimal work-around) would be to make synthetic wood to circuits only be craftable in assemblers. I figure it might be worth while since players are more likely to have wood in their inventory, and synthetic wood is from a non-hand-craftable route anyway, so not being able to hand-craft the last step is (IMHO) not a problem.
Thats a quite good solution for this. Same would need to be applied to all the packing mods around since they can cause this issue too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I thought "Packing" would have been machine only by default anyway?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:I thought "Packing" would have been machine only by default anyway?
I've seen one of the mods interfere with hand crafting too - don't remember which one now.

Nafen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nafen »

For anyone else who is bugged by the synthetic wood recipe taking over but hasn't manually fixed it, I'm uploading an altered version of bobplates where I basically changed the synthetic wood board recipe to be assembler only.
I'm not sure if putting the normal wood board recipe before the synthetic wood one in electronics-recipe.lua actually works so there's this instead.
This makes it so you can hand-craft things that require basic circuits without needing to also manually click to handcraft the boards from wood first.
Attachments
bobplates_0.7.11.zip
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 312 times

Return to “Bob's mods”