A way to return to normal long inserters?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Therring
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

A way to return to normal long inserters?

Post by Therring »

I'm playing through my first serious Bobs+Angels session, and I've arrived at long inserters.

I don't have the Adjustable Inserters mod installed. When I research "Long Inserters 1", I only have one way to build a long inserter -- select a "normal" inserter, select the top blue icon, click Enable reach overrides, click Long handed inserter, place the inserter, then uncheck Long handed inserter, then uncheck Enable reach overrides.

Basically I want my fixed, slow, red long inserters back.

I don't like having to check boxes and subsequently having no visual indicator (unless I use alt-mode) to see the reach of an inserter. I also don't want my inserters to default to being long.

Is there any way to configure this? A separate mod? A script?
My favorite game is basket random

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: A way to return to normal long inserters?

Post by bobingabout »

This is a change that Kiwi Hawk made to my mods after I handed it over to him. It's the only change he's made that I disagree with, and wouldn't have made myself.

I left the Long Handed Inserter in on purpose when the inserter overhaul option is turned off.

It's been a long time since I looked at the code. I'm not sure if he deleted the long handed inserter recipe, or just removed the recipe unlock, so I'm not sure if there's an easy way to unlock it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”