[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.6.3] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by bobingabout »

v0.6.3
* Fixed Multiplayer Migration script compatability
* Fixed Quartz starting area values
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

When did you updated the ores picture? Anyway pretty nice.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The picture? you mean the screenshot on the first page? I think I did that for 0.6.0 when I added Nickel, Cobalt and Sulfur.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

who is cobalt and sulfur ?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:who is cobalt and sulfur ?
Where?
In mod folder.
Open config.lua with notepad.
Change tags for cobalt and sulfur from false to true.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:who is cobalt and sulfur ?
Where?
In mod folder.
Open config.lua with notepad.
Change tags for cobalt and sulfur from false to true.
thanks!

AnodeCathode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AnodeCathode »

I put together an updated config.lua for RSO to support Bob's Ores. It's mostly a cut and paste of the dytech config, but seems to give the right amounts and layouts. Would love someone to give it a try and provide feedback. It only supports the default ores, so if you've enabled any of the optional ores (sulphur, cobalt) you'll have to add those in yourself.

Post in RSO thread:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 041#p59041

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

Why is Cobalt deactivated if you need it for Litium-Ion-Batterys ?
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Because you don't need the Cobalt ore to get Cobalt oxide, you can get it from somewhere else. An advanced copper refining process.
I also have a Patreon.

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

bobingabout wrote:Because you don't need the Cobalt ore to get Cobalt oxide, you can get it from somewhere else. An advanced copper refining process.
Ok , i didn't saw it.
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yup, should be unlocked with cobalt refining research
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

1) What is limestone and what is it used for? What is the difference between limestone from a simple stone?
2) Have you any plans for adding gem or jeweler processing in this mod may be at least for dytech compatibility in future? Have gem or jeweler processing any perspectives? what do you think& or may be gems can be used for another targets than questionable production of turrets with big cost of gems
3) What do you think about conception of fluid metals or fluid alloys, such what we have now in the dytech? and processing all of that? may be its some hard, because lava is not such a common resource and i cannot understand hove to storage that when it has very big temperatures, may be we need tungsten storages, how silly as it may sound or maybe we need the development of thermal insulation materials with very low emissivity for making storages... is there perspectives for this concept with lava?
4) What do you think about adding of ethan, propane and methan? Natural gas looks very intersting in cartmen overhaul mod
5) Why cannot we get the stones in the drilling process ores, because the ore cannot be clean by definition and may contain impurities, maybe you will consider adding chance of dropping a stone in drilling ores?

I very like idea with galena, rutile and bauxite ores, so sometmes i think this planet in factorio universe can give us rich features )))
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:1) What is limestone and what is it used for? What is the difference between limestone from a simple stone?
The difference between limestone and stone is that they're made from different elements, and Limestone is softer, like chalk. Doesn't matter anyway because it isn't in bob's mods.
aklesey1 wrote:2) Have you any plans for adding gem or jeweler processing in this mod may be at least for dytech compatibility in future? Have gem or jeweler processing any perspectives? what do you think& or may be gems can be used for another targets than questionable production of turrets with big cost of gems
I was thinking about adding gems, even added my version of a gems ore, but havn't got far with it.
aklesey1 wrote:3) What do you think about conception of fluid metals or fluid alloys, such what we have now in the dytech? and processing all of that? may be its some hard, because lava is not such a common resource and i cannot understand hove to storage that when it has very big temperatures, may be we need tungsten storages, how silly as it may sound or maybe we need the development of thermal insulation materials with very low emissivity for making storages... is there perspectives for this concept with lava?
Pretty much the whole purpose of my mod was to provide an alternative to DyTech's lava magic. if I were to use liquid metals, firstly, they wouldn't use lava. Secondly, they wouldn't use DyTech's 10x inflation so he can use fine controls in quantities. Also, to keep it realistic, Tungsten wouldn't have a liquid state, it's almost impossible to actually melt it with conventional methods, which is one of the purposes of it in industry.
aklesey1 wrote:4) What do you think about adding of ethan, propane and methan? Natural gas looks very intersting in cartmen overhaul mod
I would find a hard time coming up with uses for all 3 of those gasses, so I don't plan to add it, no.
aklesey1 wrote:5) Why cannot we get the stones in the drilling process ores, because the ore cannot be clean by definition and may contain impurities, maybe you will consider adding chance of dropping a stone in drilling ores?
this is something I could possibly add as an option. it would mean changing the definitions of all my ores (except Lead and Nickel) to be able to accept additional results being inserted, like Galena and Nickel do now with Nickel and Cobalt in the config.lua
aklesey1 wrote:I very like idea with galena, rutile and bauxite ores, so sometmes i think this planet in factorio universe can give us rich features )))
you mean using real world names for them?
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote: you mean using real world names for them?
I meant that the ore contains several types of ores it was cool, may be not bauxite

You can add only methan - that's common gas
Use gas for welding? Not all constructions you can create with your hands or in assemblers
I think the idea of the gases is very good but requires a good implementation, we should not abandon it, you have to think about it in the future

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

aklesey1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote: you mean using real world names for them?
I meant that the ore contains several types of ores it was cool, may be not bauxite

You can add only methan - that's common gas
Use gas for welding? Not all constructions you can create with your hands or in assemblers
I think the idea of the gases is very good but requires a good implementation, we should not abandon it, you have to think about it in the future
Meh, just use hydrogen as welder, it's hot too you know. O2+H2 :D

Or if you like you can use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicyanoacetylene this for welding. Carbon in bob? Check! Nitrogen? Check!
Except that dicyanoacetylene is probably not used in welding :D

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cpy wrote: Meh, just use hydrogen as welder, it's hot too you know. O2+H2 :D

Or if you like you can use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicyanoacetylene this for welding. Carbon in bob? Check! Nitrogen? Check!
Except that dicyanoacetylene is probably not used in welding :D
Of course I am poorly versed in many technological aspects, but the industry uses a lot of processing methods and manufacturing, that's why I suggested a nature gases

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Oxygen and Hydrogen would work for welding.
Heck, on the subject of gasses, Petroleum gas is actually Ethane if you look at the icon, thats what the chemical symbol is.
Therefore, since Petroleum gas is Ethane, that's one of your types of gas covered.

If I were going to add a natural gas well similar to Carmen's mod, when you mine it you'd basically get raw natural gas that you could refine into Petroleum gas, and that'd be it. MAYBE with a byproduct or 2.

I've already said in the past though that if I did add this sort of thing, since you can already get it, it would be in the optional settings that you can turn off, turned off by default.

Thats why I added Nickel ore, Sulpher and Cobalt Ore turned off by default. Nickel drops from Galena, so you don't need the seperate ore, you already have 2 other sources of Sulphur with my mod, and you don't need cobalt ore, you can get Cobalt oxide from another recipe in my mod. so you don't NEED any of them, but they're still useful.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:Oxygen and Hydrogen would work for welding.
Heck, on the subject of gasses, Petroleum gas is actually Ethane if you look at the icon, thats what the chemical symbol is.
Therefore, since Petroleum gas is Ethane, that's one of your types of gas covered.

If I were going to add a natural gas well similar to Carmen's mod, when you mine it you'd basically get raw natural gas that you could refine into Petroleum gas, and that'd be it. MAYBE with a byproduct or 2.

I've already said in the past though that if I did add this sort of thing, since you can already get it, it would be in the optional settings that you can turn off, turned off by default.

Thats why I added Nickel ore, Sulpher and Cobalt Ore turned off by default. Nickel drops from Galena, so you don't need the seperate ore, you already have 2 other sources of Sulphur with my mod, and you don't need cobalt ore, you can get Cobalt oxide from another recipe in my mod. so you don't NEED any of them, but they're still useful.
Perhaps I need to formulate my opinion more specifically, I understand your opinion about the introduction in the mod of nature gases, on the days I'll read for what they can be used in industry
For me the idea of using a variety of resources seems to be very interesting and exciting because in your mods you can see all kinds of uses resources of nature that looks very realistic
I could write my own fashion myself if I had a lot of free time to explore the Lua and the same time for tests ;)

Lime
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lime »

I have a question: are all those ores a must-have for all your your mods?

I actually dislike having too-much-stuff spawning around frequently, close to each other, I prefer rarely spawned but somewhat reach deposits, on distances that promote trains usage, with rare but strong alien bases. Just like in Resource Spawner Overhaul mod. ;)

Can you, please, specify, which ores are required for which of your mods?
Which ones can be safely turned off?
And also (later, maybe) add ore generation option to work similar to RSO mod, maybe?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Lime wrote:I have a question: are all those ores a must-have for all your your mods?

I actually dislike having too-much-stuff spawning around frequently, close to each other, I prefer rarely spawned but somewhat reach deposits, on distances that promote trains usage, with rare but strong alien bases. Just like in Resource Spawner Overhaul mod. ;)

Can you, please, specify, which ores are required for which of your mods?
Which ones can be safely turned off?
And also (later, maybe) add ore generation option to work similar to RSO mod, maybe?

As practice shows are often sought after by all the ores from this mod, i know 2 new ores litium and cobalt they not so demand now, but in future i think will be demand
previously used for compatibility with the dytech, now a full-fledged mod (i'm sorry for google translate, sometimes my english some bad)
If bobingabout will add jewel processing it will be pretty good 8-)

Return to “Bob's mods”