[Wiki] Expensive Function Call Limit

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

WiduX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Wiki] Expensive Function Call Limit

Post by WiduX »

This is a problem I've found on the Wiki, I wasn't sure where else to put it, so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I've been doing a huge amount of editing on the wiki recently, and I've come across a problem while working on a particularly icon-heavy page.
This is the page: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... processing

There is a limit to how often certain functions can be called in the parsing of a page. In this case, each image is checked if it exists (#ifexist, on Template:Icon). Currently this limit is set to 100, making the maximum total amount of icons on a single page 100. As you can see at the bottom of the "Oil Processing Recipes" section, the limit is reached, and according to MediaWiki documentation, all calls to #ifexist will automatically return false after the limit has been hit. This tells the parser to show the "no image" icon instead.

When editing, clicking preview will show the following:
Warning: This page contains too many expensive parser function calls.
It should have less than 100 calls, there are now 103 calls.

Having the recipes section on the same page as all of the other content is quite important, as it's referenced quite often, and it would be rather annoying if the user had to keep going between different pages to find what they're looking for.

Would it be possible to increase the maximum amount of "expensive function calls" somewhat to accommodate for more icon-heavy pages such as this one?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Wiki] Expensive Function Call Limit

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I changed the value to 500, let's see if it won't slow down too much when more are added.

P.S. Thank you for the work on the wiki!

Return to “Wiki Talk”