[QoL] Get rid of false I/O with liquids

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[QoL] Get rid of false I/O with liquids

Post by Chaos234 »

I am unsure why this must be fixed every time over additional mods or with X recipes to fit for a nice production chain but it causes every time headaches to me.

What I mean? Yes, that the outputs, even in vanilla from the Refinery are not equal to the chemical plant which isn't solved by simply rotating the machine.
With mods mirroring the recipes it is well done but why must it done this way? Why not simply scanning the directly attached machine and set there input equaly to the machines output near it? Or why not accepting all valid inputs at once on each input slots?

I hope, that this will change with upcoming patches, because it would reduce headaches after all :)

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [QoL] Get rid of false I/O with liquids

Post by DaveMcW »

And then, after the devs make pipes shorter and easier, they should rebalance recipes to encourage more direct insertion between assembling machines. This would get rid of false I/O with items on belts.

blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by blazespinnaker »

Chaos234 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:41 pm
I am unsure why this must be fixed every time over additional mods or with X recipes to fit for a nice production chain but it causes every time headaches to me.

What I mean? Yes, that the outputs, even in vanilla from the Refinery are not equal to the chemical plant which isn't solved by simply rotating the machine.
With mods mirroring the recipes it is well done but why must it done this way? Why not simply scanning the directly attached machine and set there input equaly to the machines output near it? Or why not accepting all valid inputs at once on each input slots?

I hope, that this will change with upcoming patches, because it would reduce headaches after all :)
I dunno, it's sort of the lifeblood of fluids to have that complexity, otherwise they'd just be another assembler.
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It’s part of the game-play. It is a puzzle that can be solved in different ways. :)

And because it’s a quite similar question I link to this article:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98489
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”