How long is an average playthrough?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

How long is an average playthrough?

Post by Jonathan88 »

I have just finished my first playthrough of factorio and I have enjoyed it immensely! However, when I finished (with a backup save for when the actual endgame comes out), I had played that world for 95 hours!!! :o :o :o Is this a very long first playthrough - I was a bit slow at the beginning but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I do play games very OCDy so maybe that has something to do with it. What are your first playthrough times?
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How long is an average playthrough?

Post by Koub »

Mine typically is between 50 and 70h if I go to the end. But right now, the endgame is just another way to tell you "It's time to start a new game you know ?". So if I'm too unpleased with what I did, I start over earlier :roll:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

My first game I achieved rocket defense in under 15 hours.. every game after that has been much longer. I guess because I have been doing more things (trains, robots, power armors, etc) and not just gunning straight to the end. I only wish I had saved it before placing the rocket defense :(

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

Piranha wrote:My first game I achieved rocket defense in under 15 hours..
Wow! That is a little shorter than mine :lol:

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Looking back I really don't know how I did it that fast.. even if I tried now I probably couldn't do that haha.. I just remember looking for a good spawn, I had sort of a corner that I just walled in the 2 sides and there was all the resources I needed really close. I may have adjusted the settings but I cant remember. I know that I rarely touch them now though.

beny166
Inserter
Inserter

Post by beny166 »

For me it's usually close to 40 hours but in version 0.12 it'll be probably much longer

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

beny166 wrote:in version 0.12 it'll be probably much longer
Hopefully :D :D :D

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Mine I think was about 43 long. I kind of tried rushing straight for it, but sense I was so bad at the game and stuff it just took a long time even though I was heading straight for it lol Also probably didn't help that I turned had turned biter settings up a few notches for some silly reason.. xD
I too am very sad I didn't save before placing rocket defense :(
Image Image Image

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

For me, I think the question is fundamentally flawed - I don't play Factorio to "win", I play it to create and improve factories. Asking what is the length of a Factorio playthrough is the same as asking what is the length of a SimCity playthrough, or a Minecraft playthrough (Although the SimCity comparison is not that exact, because in SimCity you are limited in space, whereas in Factorio there is no such limit). I tend to play very long games, and sometimes I will start a new game, but later go back to a previous game, to change and improve it.

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Not to jack a thread but how about this new question:

At what point do you start a new world?

For me I did rocket defense, then maybe 2 or 3 other worlds not completed (I would hit blue science and eventually reach a point to where I didn't plan well enough and science took to long), then MP on evole for a map or two before PvP came along, then did that, and now playing a MP that I think will last quite a while. I think we are just over 20 hours now and have just unlocked power armor. Once we have that the world will be ours and then I guess just waiting for the rest of science to be completed.

Oh and on some updates I will start fresh just for the sake of it. :P

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Usually, it arrives at the moment when There is no more ressource closeby, and I arrive at the point I have to think about trains. These things just seem too complicated to set-up for me, so if I feel the need for having trains because it would be too tedious to convey new things from distant mining outposts by belt, I just say to myself "Meh let's start another one". :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Mine is around 35h-40h

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

I still have my first game saved, I pop back in once in a while to tweak things. It's pushing 300 hours.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Return to “General discussion”