How addicted to this game are you?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
nicholas80
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nicholas80 »

I don't know what it is about this game but it just ticks all the boxes for me and I really do enjoy playing a lot. I was wondering if other people feel the same.

I don't think anyone is going to beat my experience with this game, I actually got a disaplinary at work down to too much of my time playing factorio :roll:

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How addicted to this game are you?

Post by steinio »

Well Nilaus got fired and now plays Factorio the whole day.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

nicholas80 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Yes.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

nicholas80
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nicholas80 »

steinio wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 am
Wow he actually got fired from his job that is awful, what I have started to do is when I start work (working from home because of the virus) I unplug my personal machine and move it into my sitting room to remove the temptation of having a quick go every so often. The thought of putting the machine back together gives me time to think of the consequence.

I do hope that Nilaus finds employment soon its a real bad time to be looking for work.

I am guessing most people on here work as programmers because of the subject matter, I think the game appeals to programmers because its the drive to get to the perfectly efficient system.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

steinio wrote:
Many people are fired everyday, and not all of them are because of a Factorio addiction. The way you wrote this implies it was the case for Nilaus. Are you sure you're that much informed ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Koub wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:35 pm
steinio wrote:
Many people are fired everyday, and not all of them are because of a Factorio addiction. The way you wrote this implies it was the case for Nilaus. Are you sure you're that much informed ?
No, it doesn't imply it. You interpret it into my writing.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

steinio wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:05 pm
Koub wrote:
steinio wrote:
Of course it does imply it, because of the topic.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

nicholas80 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:59 pm
I am guessing most people on here work as programmers because of the subject matter, I think the game appeals to programmers because its the drive to get to the perfectly efficient system.
"Most"? I doubt it. I might be biased as a non-programmer though.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:13 pm
steinio wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:05 pm
Koub wrote:
steinio wrote:
Of course it does imply it, because of the topic.
I found steinio's comment quite amusing, because I was watching Nilaus' "This Planet of Mine" series when Nilaus explained what actually happened with his job. IMO, the comment did imply that he was fired because of Factorio, but because I know the story, I read between the lines.

I'm not going try to retell the story here, but for anyone interested, it's a good series, not only for the gameplay element, but some of the conversation was very funny.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

To reply to the initial question: On a scale from 1 to 10 Iwould say.... 12 :D

Ifalna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ifalna »

I love playing in my downtime but I don't let a game impact my life in a negative way anymore. Been there (not Factorio) done that, wasn't fun.

There are aspects I find boatloads of fun: designing a fab and optimizing it, while trying to make it look nice. Fiddling with trains.

But there are also aspects I don't like: clearing out biter trash (I play w/o expansion, so at least I only have to nuke them once), opening up new resource outposts in general (dat tiny power cable range <_<) and the fact that there aren't any interesting researches left once you get to white science.

IMHO white science should be used for really advanced endgame tech like satellites making Radars with their tiny range obsolete (To save CPU resources, they could make it a manual scan to remove fog of war with a cooldown that scales with the # of satellites you have in orbit). Also I'd like an orbital Ion cannon, so I can .. you know... pew pew the nasties from space.

Also: I want more intelligent inserters. It bugs me to no end that they can take items from both sides of a belt no problem but cannot deposit them on a lane of my choosing. Ugh, there is just no logic in that. Also, as an engineer, I should be able to choose whether a pipe makes a connection to an adjacent pipe or not.
The backbone of modern industrial society is, and for the foreseeable future will be, the use of electrical Power.

Return to “General discussion”