What's the plan for 1.0?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

What's the plan for 1.0?

Post by Hanse00 »

Assuming I am reading the latest FF correctly, tomorrow (In less than 24 hours because time zones) is the official release of version 1.0 of Factorio.

Yet I'm not seeing a whole lot of activity here on the forum, the reddit, twitter, the official steam listing for the game, etc. doing a whole lot to indicate that after over 7 years of amazing work, Wube is on the verge of reaching an amazing milestone. Surely this journey is deserving of a bit more fanfare?

Is it a purposeful strategy to quietly get 1.0 out of the door without too much attention? Is it just a side effect of the times?

Perhaps I am biased here, but as someone who backed this amazing project on Indigogo back in 2013. I am extremely excited for tomorrow's milestone.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What's the plan for 1.0?

Post by Qon »

Well Factorio streamers are talking about the 1.0 release fairly often. And maybe I'm watching more Factorio videos and streams now but it seems like people are coming back in anticipation for 1.0. And the trailer and promotions will happen when 1.0 is released, not before, so it makes sense that the activity starts when 1.0 is released instead of before all the new people hear about it.

The forums have less activity. But they are still fairly active after all these years, even though every topic has dupes and necroes and people have replayed the game for thousands of hours.
The new releases are also mostly polish, which doesn't really draw in people like new gameplay features. The latest map and blueprint features are some of the best things that have happened to Factorio so far in my opinion though.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Qon wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:29 pm
The forums have less activity.
That's not my perception. While we're clearly not at a post-major-update frenzy level, I have the impression that the forum is ever so slightly more active than a few weeks/couple of months ago.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BulletToothJake
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BulletToothJake »

The All Weekend Factorio servers have seen an uptick in players on the latest beta versions over the last couple weekends, lots of new names. I think the word is spreading to the players that took a long break from playing who are getting refreshed as well as new players wanting to get an idea of what v1 is going to look like.

We have a basic map with no mods that we reset weekly, it usually draws in around 20-30 players a weekend. Last week we had ~70 in the first 24 hours after
reset.

You can find us on Discord at http://awf.yt or search multiplayer for "awf", we're planning on map resets across the board tomorrow. That's our plan!

- Bullet

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Koub wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:36 pm
That's not my perception. While we're clearly not at a post-major-update frenzy level, I have the impression that the forum is ever so slightly more active than a few weeks/couple of months ago.
Yeah, probaly slightly more active now than a few weeks ago. I was more considering the pace of the forum now (or a few weeks ago) compared to the years before when we got major releases every couple of months with massive new feature lists that came twice as often and with twice the features where each feature had twice the impact (except for map placement and snapping).

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Long time players know 1.0 will be 99.9% what we're playing now.

New players who won't buy Early Access titles aren't here yet.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Qon wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:02 pm
I was more considering the pace of the forum now (or a few weeks ago) compared to the years before when we got major releases every couple of months with massive new feature lists that came twice as often and with twice the features where each feature had twice the impact (except for map placement and snapping).
Usually, the real surge arrived at the moment the major update went live. And I'm bracing myself, I hope us moderators will be able to manage the tsunami.
I still remember the steam early access release *memories*
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

5thHorseman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:51 pm
Long time players know 1.0 will be 99.9% what we're playing now.

New players who won't buy Early Access titles aren't here yet.
I was quite happy to see the highlight of last weeks FF was that mods will not be broken by the jump.
For some reason my brain was still thinking the release was a few weeks away, but my realization today that it was TOMORROW!!! FRAK-YEAH!!...

heh, so in anticipation of that I just went and reset my steam achievements (which I've been meaning to do anyway as the only one I was missing was the blue chips was stuck), and put together a new blueprint book of all my current basic layouts. to make an attempt of breaking my own any% pb-speedrun time tomorrow :)

after thousands of hours played, I'm surprised how hyped I am! #bestgameever

Return to “General discussion”