Instead of rescuing the colonists..

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
goduranus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Instead of rescuing the colonists..

Post by goduranus »

So the game has the player as resourceful, ambitious, conquistador type of guy who murders millions of natives for leather to make his sofa.
The next version he will sit atop of a heavily armed industrial base and command a space battleship. When some one like this goes out to pick up helpless colonists stranded in space, I don't think he will have a rescue mission in mind :twisted:

Dark_Lightning
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Instead of rescuing the colonists..

Post by Dark_Lightning »

goduranus wrote:So the game has the player as resourceful, ambitious, conquistador type of guy who murders millions of natives for leather to make his sofa.
The next version he will sit atop of a heavily armed industrial base and command a space battleship. When some one like this goes out to pick up helpless colonists stranded in space, I don't think he will have a rescue mission in mind :twisted:
I agree with this I don't really like the idea of just rescuing some people. Maybe if they came down and helped build a colony...(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 205#p70205)
Dark

SomeDuder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SomeDuder »

From what I understand, you are a forward recon party, preparing the planet for colonization. The rest of the people are in hibernation onboard a massive colonization ship (Wouldn't make sense to have thousands of people running around on a hostile planet). Whether it's malfunctioned (therefore not allowing it to move to the planet on its own power) or it's part of the plan to have the recon party go and pick up the people in cold sleep is not known. Nor does it matter. All that matters is that we get another layer of depth to play with! And frankly, by the time that you've got the resources and infrastructure in place to get to space, you're pretty much DONE anyway and probably clamoring for a change in scenery :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I throw in: I think it is a good advice just to wait, what they have really prepared for us and not start useless discussions (in my opinion).

Cause in the past the devs never disappointed us and rapidely changed the direction, if really needed!

This means from now on about 1 or 2 month. I think this is affordable. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”