In a good way?
Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Or like Trefunge-98 with forking instruction pointers?
For a long time I suspected that the devs were holding out implementing squeak through in the base game (intentionally keeping it a little difficult to navigate pipes and forests) due to a planned secret reveal of a 'Spidertron'. Or 'Scorpiotron' in the likeness of Neobuthus factorio. I would be really surprised now if that actually happened. But would be cool if it was at least considered a a DLC add-on at some point after release.
I think I might have just had a mini-stroke trying to think about multi-layer factorio. but in a good way.ssilk wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 amWhy only one layer above and below?
I always think to Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. Factorio and RCT2 share many similarities but RCT2 did some things better:
- isometric angle of view
- genius ways to build landscape
- genius ways to build tracks and coasters.
Building 90 or 45 degrees rocks and place stuff on it.
Building underground. Quite irritating when you lose track where your are.
Real 3D? Like Minecraft? Well I don’t think so. Factorio is more like a puzzle game, like RCT2. Minecraft isn’t (in my opinion).
Not saying this must be in Factorio 2. But how cool would it be to
- use isometric view: you can see more, make higher buildings, blend out buildings in front
- complex landscape layouts
- build belts over cliffs/hills
- have bridges, tunnels
- use strategic advantages of height
- have flowing water/lack of water
- explore and build underground caves and mines
- build elevators for lores/trains into underground
- build more complex factories by building above existing parts
It’s clear, that this means to rewrite Factorio nearly from scratch. Too much of the current gameplay depends on being 2D.
- to have visitors (up to 100000) that pay for riding a belt
- having a fish Imbiss (Fish farms, fish industry)
- need to have toilets (needs water and water cleaning)
- cleaning robots to suck up all of the puke from the visitors
- achievements for the most beautiful factory in the world
- having a train with a looping
Users browsing this forum: No registered users