Chemical plant animation hidden by detailed info

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Chemical plant animation hidden by detailed info

Post by sillyfly »

I was thinking about posting this as a bug, but I am not sure if it qualifies as one, so I'm posting here to get your opinions :)
When detailed info is on is is almost impossible to discern the working animation of a chemical plant (green bubbling liquid in one of the corners). This is in contrast to every other machine, for which it is very easy to see if it is working or not at a glance, even with detailed info on - furnaces light up, refineries have flames going up and assembly machines have moving parts that extend beyond the detailed info overlay.

Since I almost always play with detailed info on and I like to see at a glance if my machines are working or not (i.e. - without having to open them :) ), I would be happy if the animation could be changed so it is more noticeable with detailed info on.
Anyone else thinks the same? Should this be a bug-report, or is this a valid artistic design choice?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Chemical plant animation hidden by detailed info

Post by hoho »

I'd say it's more like a feature request :)

Though, I agree - some better way of seeing if it's working would be nice. Perhaps something lights up on one of the sides?

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

I agree that is more suggestion than bug report.
And nice dirty smoke will be good sign of working chemical plant :D .

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

I think this calls for the fuel/progress bars to be displayed on the detailed info.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

I personally dislike how the detailed info covers up so much of the machines. I would like a smaller graphic that is maybe transparent around the edges so the machine under it shows through.

Return to “General discussion”