Game keeps saying 25 objects are missing construction robots

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Game keeps saying 25 objects are missing construction robots

Post by Aardwolf »

Hi,

I built a roboport in a few spots, e.g. to have them fill up my inventory with stuff.

However, now the game keeps constantly beeping and saying "25 objects are missing construction robots".

I don't care about some objects missing them, and this message gets VERY annoying after a while.

How can I make that message stop, yet still have some helpful robots that fill my inventory?

Thanks!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Game keeps saying 25 objects are missing construction ro

Post by FishSandwich »

Most likely it's complaining about damaged walls. If you build some construction bots and repair packs for the roboport the message should go away.

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

Ok that indeed helps. Requires making both construction robots and repair packs.

That's somewhat annoying that you're forced to make them to get rid of an alert sound. I don't see why I should get alerted about that.

Not that they're not useful of course. Just would be nicer to have a choice of whether or not you want to use them in addition to logistic robots, without being alerted about it with a beep every 5 seconds, especially because it is required over and over for every new roboport.

DerTolleIgel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DerTolleIgel »

What the... ?

I really like to use blueprints and construction robots for building in general. But the repair function is even better. Wall, turrets, roboport and you never have to worry again.

Small hint: you can let inserters put the newly created bots directly into the roboport, effectively auto-deploying them, do the same for the repair kits and you never have to care about this again.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

You don't need to insert repairpacks to roboports. Just dump them to some storage/provider chest in the network and bots from all connected roboports can use them.

Acius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Acius »

Of course if you let the automatic insertion of robots into the ports run for too long, you can end up with a few thousand extra robots that you didn't really need :oops:.

It'd be nice if there were a way to count active robots so that I could turn off production automatically :).

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

All I'm asking for is that if you want to use logistic robots, you're not *forced* by the game to also use construction robots. Having a beep and message on screen saying they're missing every 10 seconds is *forcing* it enough.

The game also doesn't give alerts about factories missing ingredients (FORTUNATELY so!), so I see no reason why it should give alerts about no construction robot being near damaged buildings. It could be an option...

I've had 7x7 laser turret stations with 2-thick walls around it hold up against the monsters with just slight damage the entire game. Then I want to try out to have something automatically fill my logistic slots, and suddenly I have to hear it complain about every piece of slightly broken wall???

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I like the logic of this thought.
Cause I was also in those situations, where I don't want to be remembered to repair. But I have been also in the other situation, where I wanted to see if something needs repair.
Both standpoints are correct, but they are distinct. Gameplay-wise this means, we have here a problem.

Normally this means, that we need to change the game a bit.

As a first idea I suggest this: What if the player can say "I want this robotic network to solve this (please make an X):
O Fullfilling requests from a) requester chests and/or b) Personal requester by
O emptying of a) Passive providers b) Active providers c) Storage chests (check one or more)
O Doing Repair
O Doing construction
O Doing deconstruction
O ...

Together with colored logistic (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... tic#p38564) this makes really sense, cause you can then use for example the lilac logistic network for repair, and the red logistic for deconstruction only, while the blue one is making just pure logistics, but uses only the blue and yellow chests.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kid delux
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Game keeps saying 25 objects are missing construction robots

Post by kid delux »

I put my roboport down and made 3 construction robots and tried to use them although I knew I should have looked on the internet first to learn what to do. A demo job - seemed simple enough. Got this message too " objects missing construction robots". I read to give them the tool kits and I put those into the roboport. They demo'ed one thing and froze. I read some more, and still didn't know what it wanted. I zoomed in and saw my 3 construction robots holding a wall piece. Why are they holding that? It came to me, they need a place to put it - there is no demo heaven in this game and thing don't just disappear. They need to put that somewhere. I went with a storage chest.

ftbreizhbugs
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ftbreizhbugs »

If an item is destroyed, it can't be repaired, it must be replaced, so you need to have some in storage/provider chest for the construction bot to replace those destroyed.
Also, you can go to the global map and zoom to see approximately where does the warning come from. and then search for destroyed or damaged item to see what is needed...

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

Acius wrote:Of course if you let the automatic insertion of robots into the ports run for too long, you can end up with a few thousand extra robots that you didn't really need :oops:.

It'd be nice if there were a way to count active robots so that I could turn off production automatically :).
This is why my assembler puts them in a chest to make only 1 stack at a time.. I want to manually add them as needed.

Using smart inserter with logic network condition sort of works, but the ports only count robots that are parked. So as soon as you request a few stacks of material and all the bots deploy, it will think you have zero. Which is ok if you always want extras maybe? I suppose it's better than endlessly making thousands of them.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

I read about an interesting auto-deploy idea:
Have a requester and an active provider chest, request a single item.
Put that item on a belt and insert it into the provider.

Have a smart inserter, that dumps logistic bots into a Roboport while there are >0 items in the provider.
As long, as there are bots available, the provider chest should be emptied rather fast, otherwise the smart inserter would increase their numbers.

Return to “General discussion”