Version popularity comparisons/graphs/data

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
kizrak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Version popularity comparisons/graphs/data

Post by kizrak »

Hello! I'm looking for some version popularity graphs, like steamdb.info but with different versions (like 0.17.79 vs 0.18.18). I know there has been Friday Facts with particular version comparisons, but I'd like to be able to get recent (last week'ish) data for at least latest stable and all of the 0.18.x series.

I'd be happy with a website that gives me pretty graphics and plots, but I can also deal with APIs, if that is my only option. I'd really like to be able to problematically get all of the public server info (data from the in-game server browser), it is "public" after-all (after a Factorio token).

I don't need second-by-second data, something that just gave me a how many servers/players there were this week per version would be enough.

It is very tedious to download each version, log in, browse to servers, get a rough count, exit, and repeat for the next version. It seems clear to me that I have "permission" to this information/data, I just want a convenient way to view/process it.

Return to “General discussion”