Steam Update Latency?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Poppa Cappinurias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Steam Update Latency?

Post by Poppa Cappinurias »

This may be normal latency, but Steam does not seem to have version 18.12 yet. It has been > 30 mins. I and my friends are playing multiplayer on a server that auto-downloads the most recent version. So our server is already updated while we are still on 18.11 clients. We could download the most recent version manually and install, but fear, uncertainty, doubt and unsatisfied addiction consume us :) What is a reasonable amount of time to wait for Steam to catch up to the beta?

Poppa Cappinurias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Steam Update Latency?

Post by Poppa Cappinurias »

Ha! Just like lighting up a cigarette while waiting for a bus running late; While writing this post, the game downloaded! So with all Steam downloading options set to the most aggressive settings... this time latency, for me was about 40 minutes. LOL.

Obviously my friends and I have a problem. We will be forming a support groups for Factorio addicts; but first we need to finish this 5k/min megabase.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Steam Update Latency?

Post by conn11 »

This predominantly seems to be a problem of hotfix type of updates in close proximity to previous ones, like 0.18.11 to 0.18.12.
Rarely , at least in my experience, of more regular updates, wich are available on steam at the time of the announcement here.

Return to “General discussion”