Just bought the game; What were Your first impressions?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Currlyfries21
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Just bought the game; What were Your first impressions?

Post by Currlyfries21 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:58 am

150~ hours later, I wonder if i'll return it?

Kidding lmao this game is terrific
Burner inserters are the path to the future. #quickinserterpartyisover

tpreissler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tpreissler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi,

I played it with my son (10 that time probably) the very first time. We did as part of tutorial what we had to do... and
I said "you don't need to do that, you can let the game do that for you." and I got a weird look.
I showed him and ... was amazed, but didn't want to admit to how silly he was at first.

So I was immediately hooked due to the "Automate everything" aspect. When I had the first train .... ooooooh, awesome.
Oh, you can run over, too.

Let the game play itself, to some extend, I am just the manager here. That appealed very much.
I have only ever played two saves (and lazy bastard, but that was very repetitive). The first save was "just a mess" (c) but it worked. I got the rocket started,
it took 20 minutes for each start (and I wouldn't have started the rocket wouldn't my son have pushed me).
Now on the second. It would just run with 1kspm til the ~80M resources each run out. And the game/base is just an object of love. Just enjoying the automatisms I have setup and let me do the planning.

All in all, amazing.
Thank you Factorio devs!

Meggal_Bozale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meggal_Bozale » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:58 pm

First time around I was like "huh, kinda boring.". Then I was like, "hey, I should get more ore to make those electric drills! those look fun." then i was like "Why am I tired?" And then i hit the Windows key, it was 11:00PM. I have 1000 hours now and my future impressions are favorable, as in this game is great!

Code: Select all

if (factorio.gameplay.time >= 1000)
{
bool worship = true
}

JonBrave
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JonBrave » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:40 pm

"I think this game is broken, I simply cannot move my guy" :shock:

I play strategy games, often turn-based, few real-time-anythings. Have used click to move, right-click, drag, cursor keys. But never once WASD ... :shock:

manzon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by manzon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Started playing two days ago and my first impression was: hey, this what I do for a living! I'm a devops/systems engineer and automation plays a huge role in my job. Factorio illustrates need for automation in large and complex systems perfectly. If you leave that furnace without steady supply of coal it will eventually screw you over. Leave that SSL cert renewal and installation not automated and it will eventually screw you over :)

Asterf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Asterf » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:40 am

First is to customized settings and controls based on your desired buttons.

Experience with bot or at least try the demo or practice mode.

Then master. Be the best player in that game.

If you can monetized it, will be bettter.

ericprydz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

My first three days of Factorio

Post by ericprydz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:51 am

I spend all my time at home playing Factorio and all my time at my Apknite company daydreaming about how to make the factory grow. My eyes hurt, my brain is numb and I have barely slept.
And I haven't even gotten past blue science yet :roll: :roll:

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 am

[Koub] Merged into the first impressions thread, because It fits the topic well :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ericprydz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ericprydz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17 am

Koub wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 am
[Koub] Merged into the first impressions thread, because It fits the topic well :).
Thanks for doing it! :D

GlorifiedToaster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GlorifiedToaster » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:06 pm

I remember thinking it was in the best interest to kill all bitters, even the ones not even in my pollution range.

I've been unable to return to that save, due to the amounts of biters attacking each second, combined with next near 0 resources available.

Oh, and I only had 10 furnaces keeping my iron production up, imagine how that went.
Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Diz9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Diz9000 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:18 am

After years of playing modded Minecraft, I started to get bored and needed a fresh challenge.
Factorio had been on my wish list for a while now, I liked the sound of it without really knowing anything about the gameplay.
Then last month I was in hospital and when I came out I was going to have to rest for many weeks, so bit the bullet and bought the game.

Initially , I was like wth am I supposed to do, what’s the aim of the game.......
Being an old fart (50+) the first thing I did was throw the manual away (metaphorically speaking) and look for a video to watch. I was amazed by the number available. I choose one that seem to take you from starting out to something called a megabase, in 100 easy steps lol. (By katherineofsky).
25 hours in and I find my games not playing the same as that in the video, much pulling out of hair was narrowly avoid when I found another player having the same issue and an answer as to why.... I’m playing with vet 0.17 and the video is of ver 0.16.
Onto a new series using the same ver as I’m using and I now wondering where 125 hrs had disappeared to over the past few weeks lol 😱

balyano1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by balyano1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:18 pm

I loooooved it , i was so happy

Return to “General discussion”