Steam - To Alpha or not to Alpha ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Davey45
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Steam - To Alpha or not to Alpha ?

Post by Davey45 »

So I was just thinking is there a real advantage to go to steam Early access for Factorio or more to wait till its a finished product ?

I ask just cause so many games are "early access" on Steam. So many of them are SOOO weak in content and such that I quite often don't look at purchasing a game because it says "early access". I wonder if people and maybe even the Devs agree with me ?

I ask this cause the game to me is pretty solid as a product . The Multiplayer works pretty good and after around 50 hours we have had only 1 Desnyc .
I do look forward to more of a campaign with different goals then just " build a rocket defense " like move 10000 iron plates a minute or last 30 minutes of biter attacks .

But Maybe its worth it to wait and release it as a full game . I guess its depends when the office lease comes up :D

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Steam - To Alpha or not to Alpha ?

Post by LordFedora »

This has been discussed endlessly, and no, we're not going on steam until we're at a stable point where the dev's are working on features consistently instead of bug fixes

Use the search function to see if somebody has the same ideas, and post there

also inb4 sillkbot comes with previous threads, you really need to sticky common things that people can't search for, or at least make a rule about it >.>

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Steam - To Alpha or not to Alpha ?

Post by Koub »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... wer#p49756 (last post of a dev on the "Factorio on Steam" subject)
And https://www.factorio.com/faq. Because ... that's why :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”