Why I hate factorio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Why I hate factorio

Post by Jonathan88 »

I bought factorio quite a while ago now - back in September and, although it is very good game in essence, it has one major flaw which ruins everything... It's addictive. This has spoilt not only my experience of the game, it has spoilt my entire life. Since September, I have spent nearly 100 hours on it - it may not sound like much but I played it for about 5 hours when I bought it and then I started playing it again in late November and since then I have not been able to unpeel myself from it. This spoils what seems to be high quality gameplay.

I have come up with a solution for this which includes the following improvements to make the game less addictive and therefore preserve the original gameplay:
1) Seriously cut down the tech tree. This means that there is less of an incentive to continue playing and make progress.
2) Have one ultimate weapon that can insta-kill anything from the very beginning. This removes the whole 'upgrade your weapons:enemy are tougher:upgrade your weapons:enemy are tougher' battle and therefore means you can spend less time playing overall.
3) Remove robotics. This cuts out a section of the game that was far too engaging and made you want to play it way too much.
4) Remove biters. This is the main reason that you want to play the game more in the early stages.
5) Remove spiters. These creatures just encourage you to play and upgrade your defences way too much.
6) Just remove any form of alien. Although making ideas '2', '4' and '5' irrelevent, this will drastically reduce the challenge and reduce the need to carry on playing.
7) Remove belts and trains. Would you play for hours on end if you had to manually move all items everywhere by yourself? Exactly.
8) Remove the electric system. It was so much more fun when you had to run everything with coal - especially now you have to move it by hand everywhere...
9) Remove the automation system. This just make it so easy to do everything! Basically, I just don't think the whole automation 'thing' really fits factorio...
And finally...
10) Remove copper. This is just an unnecessary item that makes the game way too engaging and... actually remove iron as well - just craft every thing out of coal, stone and wood... nah, it's still too interesting. Remove them and just craft things out of... err... um... Just screw crafting completely!

With all of these minor adjustments, I think factorio will be a much improved game. Retaining all of the things that made factorio factorio and removing those bits that made it too enjoyable and addictive. Please let me know what you think would make factorio a better, less addictive game down below. Thank-you for reading! :D :D :D

JOKES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you actually thought this was real then you must really hate factorio, the most wonderfully addicting game that I have ever played and will continue to play until I die of starvation from forgetting to eat because I'd been playing it continuously for too many weeks!
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Why I hate factorio

Post by FishSandwich »

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

hmm...

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Someone should make factorio web browser clicker game! :D

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

cpy wrote:Someone should make factorio web browser clicker game! :D
Already Done.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

tecxx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tecxx »

+1

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I almost had to look at my calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fools... :p