Challenge ideas?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Xykron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Challenge ideas?

Post by Xykron »

Hey!

I've been watching a lot of videos on the game recently and found an interesting challenge map where you limit the height of the world to around 20. I love these extra little challenges people think of and I would love it if you shared your ideas with me!

I also haven't looked around too much (But I assumed that this would be the place to go and where there are the people with the ideas!) so if there are any challenges people have come up with, feel free to send me a link, or just post it down here. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Xykron

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Challenge ideas?

Post by MadZuri »

That would be Zisteau. :) I've played around with map generation, and I am currently trying a map with max width of 50. A challenge that I found, but I'm not brave enough to try, is setting Terrain Segmentation to Very High. Tiny lakes everywhere will make planning a factory layout nearly impossible, and force you to adapt.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Xykron wrote: if there are any challenges people have come up with, feel free to send me a link, or just post it down here. It would be much appreciated.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 189#p64189

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

One I've been playing with lately is refusing to destroy biter nests unless they are directly where I want to build something. So I just have to deal with the damage they do, rather than clearing the areas around my base. The main reason I'm playing this way is to create a resource sink after research, where I still need to keep expanding.

It's getting to the point that I need more construction bots just to keep up to repairs/replacements, and my repair pack assembler runs almost steady...

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

starholme wrote:One I've been playing with lately is refusing to destroy biter nests unless they are directly where I want to build something. So I just have to deal with the damage they do, rather than clearing the areas around my base. The main reason I'm playing this way is to create a resource sink after research, where I still need to keep expanding.

It's getting to the point that I need more construction bots just to keep up to repairs/replacements, and my repair pack assembler runs almost steady...
I imagine a combo of these 2 would make for an interesting gameplay, throw in rso and let the fun begin ;)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Reminds me to Rollercoaster Tycoon. Level like "You are not allowed to build higher than the trees", "A street goes through the middle of your park", "you cannot cut any trees" etc. etc.

For Facotrio: "You are not allowed to destroy any biter nest in larger distance than 3 chunks", "You need to keep this biter nest in a preserve", "You are allowed to kill 500 aliens".
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”