Launch date coinciding with CP2077

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Launch date coinciding with CP2077

Post by conn11 »

Following yesterdays announcement from CDPR the planned April release is delayed to 17th of September.
https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/impor ... ease-date/
This would practically coincide with Factorio launch date on 25th of September.

Both titles surely aren’t to comparable to each other and I‘m unsure, how much potential new players would be in for both titels.
But then again CP2077 is one of the most anticipated games this year and the 1.0 release is a one of a kind event for getting publicity and attracting new players.
I’ve friends not playing, because a principal aversion against Early Access titels, however undeserved this is in the case of Factorio.

Interested what the community thinks about this.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Launch date coinciding with CP2077

Post by 5thHorseman »

I don't think they should move the release date. New games come out all the time in many genres. If it's not this game it will be another.

Personally, I had to follow the link to find out what game you were talking about.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Launch date coinciding with CP2077

Post by eradicator »

5thHorseman wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:38 pm
I don't think they should move the release date. New games come out all the time in many genres. If it's not this game it will be another.
Generally true. Though with a strange date as september and a somewhat close "sci-fi" relationship i wouldn't completely put it off the table quite that fast. Though there's no need to rush anything. If CDProject actually manages to release on time it wouldn't be too late to announce a delay of factorio for 2 weeks or so (the core sales time) at the end of august (giving a cheaty publicity boost "Factorio delayed!" as a bonus). And also making it easier to judge if there's any other possibly "colliding" titles around.
5thHorseman wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:38 pm
Personally, I had to follow the link to find out what game you were talking about.
That just means you're not following the general gaming scene. Cyperpunk is so ridiculously hyped that you practically can't miss it if you read gaming related news even only once a week. It is quite undoubtedly one of the most anticipated titles currently. (Note: I am not a "fan". I'm probably not even going to play it. I just read the news.)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “General discussion”