What are your favorite scenarios?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
llVIU
Inserter
Inserter

What are your favorite scenarios?

Post by llVIU »

I hope this is the right section. I was looking for some good quality scenarios, something challenging that makes you feel like you progress and has a bit of mistery (not a map layed out for you that you can easily explore by putting some radars around), let me show you what I personally like:
-Decu - mine, level up, takes long to mine and find the ore patches, monsters spawn from darkness, initially low on resources, also has a surface area with lots of enemies
-Crash site (redmew) outposts that have random rewards inside them, some pump out infinite resources slowly (various items), but has a TON of dense hives everywhere. You explore the map to see which outpost has what resource.
-forrest overrun (forgot name) difficult map, trees grow everywhere, once you got a tree, it will usually spawn insects. Hard fight. You struggle to create big borders between the trees and your base
-hermit something (forgot name) big mountain, you go upwards north as much as possible to try to run from the insects that are south, the more polution/the more south you are, the more they come, and there's LOTS of them.
-mines of factoria (can't find updated version) basically a mine (black areas, you can't go through) with caves that have various resources as well as tons of critters. Struggle to push through to the next cave to get more resources and kill more insects
-line and tree (redmew) west there's circle islands connected by lines, each circle island has resources, simple vanilla-ish
-world map (mod) map of the planet, vanilla-ish.

I'm intereted to see what kind of scenarios you guys have. Vanilla is a bit lame... insects are too weak, there's no big goal, no struggle, too many resources, just a wide open area where you can go anywhere... it feels a bit bland.

PanTobi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: What are your favorite scenarios?

Post by PanTobi »

All scenarios you point here are boring and stupid for me...

Crash Shi... i mean site, nothing special you just have to rush with fishes and in group for best items at start so you win in next 3/4h
vvictor love this server lol xD and i see he is still playing this, i also saw Tamika here xD

RedMew... bfff... in my opinion Factorio is not about strange weird and stupid maps...

so i play my Maps which are not public :o...
on my Maps evolution is closed, you can find many turrets and other weapons that shot you if you come to close

and always its about THINKING and planning :x...

Thats what i love in factorio, sure you can build insane big and stupid rafinery and burners
once you build it everything else is pointless because big enough factory can do LITERALLY EVERYTHING

thats why instead of fighting with stupid and brainless bites and instead of playing stupid maps i pref. maps
like this in Vanilla Factorio with Belts where you have to connect chests with belts to deliever items :x...

thats only one public map i know and map that require BRAIN instead of TIME
and for this i don't even need Map cause building SMALL SMART building can be done on ANY map...

Right now im trying to improve my OneClickBase, my last base were 197x174 and i were producing EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN GAME
starting on Burner inserter, finishing on Space Rockets

now i build region 200x150 and i want to build even smaller Factory, and like last time again with EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN GAME
and gosh its going pretty well :o... 40% already in progress and still 70% space left xD

but atm. i have only easiest and most basic items to make :x... like Green, Red, Blue Circuits, Batteries, belts etc.

but in short and clear answer on your question... let me check name...
lel... where is this map :o.... i don't have this scenerion anymore? xDDD

here is image with this scenerio... why i don't have it anymore in my Lib ? :o...
Click for Image
//Edit:
this image isn't my, its some noob image :D lol
you can use yellow and red belts to move items just in perfect time so one inserter grab his item and miss not his item xD

too hard to explain with my english but setup on this image is insane bad xD

Return to “General discussion”