Why is there even a final goal

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Why is there even a final goal

Post by Nic »

After 34 hours of gameplay I started to wonder what the rocket defense would be for (I know I am not the fastest one).

I found out that you "win" the game if you place it down and wait a few minutes, because you then get rescued from the planet.

I always thought the goal is to survive the incoming waves of the increasingly stronger aliens (when it comes to quantity).

For the defense of your base you always need to build more and stronger defenses since the alien bases get more and stronger.

Also it is just fun to play infinite.

I know that I simply just can't build the Rocket Defense, but I simply don't get why games like this need a final goal.
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Why is there even a final goal

Post by FishSandwich »

It's for the people that want a final goal. If that's the way you like to play then good for you, you don't have to aim for the final goal, but not everyone likes playing a game infinitely.

It's a something for everyone situation. Without it people will be making similar forum posts asking why the game never ends. :lol:

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

That is true, I haven't thought about it since for me sandbox games (like Minecraft) were designed for you to make your own goals and I always wondered why there was a final goal added.

You are right though - I saw many of those posts on forums of other sandbox games which are still in development.
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I agree, and personally I do like to make my own goals, I have a 100h save that is a huge base with only rocket defense left to research, but I still think, yeah I can probably expand to that iron ore all the way over there. :lol:

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

That is excactly the way I play. :D

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Because some people need to be told what to do to have fun.

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

Darthlawsuit wrote:Because some people need to be told what to do to have fun.
I never laughed so hard before :D

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Think as:
- a goal
- just a placeholder

Canyew
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Canyew »

I have friends who CANNOT play games like minecraft, starbound, or terraria because there is no real from end objective. Some people just can't do something without having a end result. Some sort of guidance.

I would like there to be some sort of flexible end objective in the future though in the options. May it be just turning it off. Building a rocket defense and defending a landing site from aliens (With actually seeing the ship land and you need to defend people as they start building their first colony and the first shield array is online) or leaving the planet as they are working on for v.12. Maybe a fight with a large alien queen for control over the planet...

Just some loose ideas.

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

Canyew wrote:I have friends who CANNOT play games like minecraft, starbound, or terraria because there is no real from end objective. Some people just can't do something without having a end result. Some sort of guidance.

I would like there to be some sort of flexible end objective in the future though in the options. May it be just turning it off. Building a rocket defense and defending a landing site from aliens (With actually seeing the ship land and you need to defend people as they start building their first colony and the first shield array is online) or leaving the planet as they are working on for v.12. Maybe a fight with a large alien queen for control over the planet...

Just some loose ideas.
In the latest weekly post they were talking about a new endgame.

But no matter how I look at it I don't like an endgame in the "Freeplay" mode.

People who need an objective to play can just play the supply challenge - can't they? :)

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

The supply challenge plays quite differently from regular Factorio, so no.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Space ships and (hopefully) more planets sounds really good.

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

cpy wrote:Space ships and (hopefully) more planets sounds really good.
As far as I can tell they want to take the end of the F-Mod and make it the vanilla ending.

Return to “General discussion”