What's you first blue science tech?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

What's you first blue science tech?

Post by Xecutor »

My is usually advanced oil processing. In some rare cases it is logistic system.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: What's you first blue science tech?

Post by Schorty »

Advanced oil processing. I hatte it, when I have to place more storage tanks :D
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

aXa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aXa »

Advanced oil processing :) Gotta play jesus and turn light oil to petroleum.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Usually Advanced Oil Processing for me too. Though sometimes logistics stuff, so I can set up logistic stuff for my blue science production, because it is always horribly set up before that. Lol
Image Image Image

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Advanced Oil Processing. Oil management is a pain without it. Probably could get away with something else If I set up two or more chemical factories making fuel cubes to start with however. And that would help with power... Hmm...
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Just a quick question: What are the first blue science techs? :D
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ShneekeyTheLost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Just got to blue pack tech on my very first actual game. And yep, advanced petroleum.

It's just... necessary. Otherwise you end up with tubs of heavy and light oil with not much to do with it. After all, how much lubrication does one person need? With advanced petroleum, I can crack the heavy down to light, and crack the light down to something that is actually used. Oh, maybe split off some of the heavy for lubrication, and split off some light for other purposes, but mostly it gets cracked down to petroleum for moar plastic and batteries. And the ability to get a more useful ratio right out of the box is also... well, I consider it mandatory once I can actually make blue packs. Unless I have just a ton of problems with aliens and need the modular armor ASAP, I really can't see myself getting anything else with my first blue tech.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

To break the pattern here, Military 3 for me. The combat shotgun is just such a great multi-purpose tool, wonderful for clearing both forests and biter armies... which I find useful because I absolutely hate cramped factories. Always need space for expansions.
Nova wrote:Just a quick question: What are the first blue science techs? :D
Not quite sure what you are asking here. Do you want the blue science techs named?

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Yeah, that's right. We got Advanced petroleum and Military 3. But which techs are also available?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kelderek »

Nova wrote:Yeah, that's right. We got Advanced petroleum and Military 3. But which techs are also available?
Assuming you have finished with all the red and red + green techs, there are probably about 10-15 options available that require red + green + blue.

Off the top of my head though, you would have continued levels of the damages and speeds for shotgun shells, bullets, gun turrets, and laser turrets. Logistic System, Character Logistic Slots, Automation 3, Logistics 3, Logistic Robot Speed and Cargo, All Level 2 Modules. There are probably more, but these are all in addition to the others mentioned earlier.

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

Pretty sure sub-stations are a blue-tech as well.. possibly tech into power armor?

Canyew
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Canyew »

my FIRST real game.... Adv. Oil Processing. It REALLY is a must. What else are you going to use light oil for?

Return to “General discussion”