I want to make my factory great (and nice) again!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Kilitar
Inserter
Inserter

I want to make my factory great (and nice) again!

Post by Kilitar »

Hello,
In fact I have 2 problems which iritate me when I am trying to build my factory aesthetically nice.

Problem 1: Pave everything with bricks/concrete.
Yeah. I like nice smooth factory with no nasty "natural surface". In old version - when I pave surface - most of nasty natural features were removed immediatelly. And if not the re-paving (remove pavement and place it again) remove them definitelly.
Now - some bushes, long grass etx looks like totally indestructible - growing throught any pavement surface. I would love to have a way to annihilate those nature organic trash definitelly.
fact2.JPG
fact2.JPG (147.18 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
Problem 2: Blueprint ignore powerlines design.
Ok. I build my "block". Orange electric powerlines place organically random. I cut powerlines and make them looks nice, straight and geometric to please my eye. Then I store it into blueprint. When I paste blueprint, i have random organic powerline trash again :( and I need to cut wires again and place them again by hand. Blueprints do not store my piece-of-powerline-art? It is sad for me :cry:.
fact.JPG
fact.JPG (163.72 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
(left side is prototype for blueprint, right is result of blueprint placement)

Am I missing something or both features I am looking for are not present in game? Or if you can point me to mods which would solve my little obsession? :D

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I want to make my factory great (and nice) again!

Post by Pi-C »

Kilitar wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:35 am
Problem 1: Pave everything with bricks/concrete.
Yeah. I like nice smooth factory with no nasty "natural surface". In old version - when I pave surface - most of nasty natural features were removed immediatelly. And if not the re-paving (remove pavement and place it again) remove them definitelly.
Now - some bushes, long grass etx looks like totally indestructible - growing throught any pavement surface. I would love to have a way to annihilate those nature organic trash definitelly.
[…]
Am I missing something or both features I am looking for are not present in game? Or if you can point me to mods which would solve my little obsession? :D
This mod seems to solve your first problem. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

same problem here!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I advise you to split your subjects in different topics when they are not related.
Now this doesn't answer, so my contribution to the topic :

1) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52399 (OP related, but the doodads subject is raised within the answers)
2) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47949

You should definitely add your voice to both.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

And this mod fixes power lines (most of the time):

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/power-grid-comb

Return to “General discussion”