Research going too fast/easy while I do other things?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Research going too fast/easy while I do other things?

Post by bobucles »

Different people and different issues.
The other thread is complaining about ratios. The number of assemblers to do X is different from Y.
This thread is complaining about game pace. The amount of effort required to reach X is different from reaching WYZ.
They're pretty different topics.

Keep in mind that the "number of resources" required to reach a goal is not the same as the "amount of effort". Unlocking a new tier of science is a hurdle of effort. Unlocking all the topics inside that tier is fairly trivial once the new science potions start flowing. A lot of pacing is going to be subjective too, because a player's first time learning new recipes, belts, pipes etc. is going to be a much steeper climb than the second and tenth time around.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

If there was some sink other than research for resources ...

If the game's giving you so much time to tinker that everything starts to feel a bit pointless, one thing's sure: you've mastered the biter challenge at your current settings. Try cranking them up some if you want an alternate resource-and-attention sink.

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

I just started a singleplayer (dangerores) with a nice science multiplier. I really enjoy it, since i can finally keep up with my research. i suggest try a game with a x10 science multiplier. Getting your first assembler is a bitch, but after that, the game pace is great

Return to “General discussion”