Why are tanks a requirement for uranium ammo?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
braiam
Inserter
Inserter

Why are tanks a requirement for uranium ammo?

Post by braiam »

I get the requirement on military 4, being more advanced weaponry, but it seems that the only reason is because uranium cannon shells and you need the cannon shells to make those. But at that point of the game, I don't know if requiring ammo modifiers to be allowed only when the materials to make said ammo makes sense and enforce that as a hard research path. It seems possible to just have a lazy requirement, enforced by ingredients since it looks weird that I need to research tanks to get uranium rounds. Did the dev team ever said an specific reason for this? (Also, considering that other weapon bonuses are being decoupled by categories, I think this one could fit nicely in that system)

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Why are tanks a requirement for uranium ammo?

Post by Xeorm »

Their current view with technologies is to have anything unlocked be usable when you research it. You shouldn't need another tech in order to make or use it. So because uranium ammo gives uranium tank shells then that is required. Now they could split it up, sure, but I don't think that would be better. If nothing else the tank is a really good item for dealing with biters. Showing that as a step in the ammo chain is good for giving the player an instruction in what they should be doing.

Return to “General discussion”