Slow Pickup for Turret Walking

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
akmotu
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Slow Pickup for Turret Walking

Post by akmotu »

Since I as a human still experience time relatively, this increases and lengthens the time it takes to retrieve a turret. Regardless if the change is global or not is irrelevant. From a player's POV, the only tools they have are their time (how fast they can do things) and their resources (what they have at their disposal to accomplish tasks or mitigate threats).

The new releases steals time away, making actions take longer, therefore, increasing the difficulty.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

akmotu wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:03 pm
Since I as a human still experience time relatively, this increases and lengthens the time it takes to retrieve a turret. Regardless if the change is global or not is irrelevant. From a player's POV, the only tools they have are their time (how fast they can do things) and their resources (what they have at their disposal to accomplish tasks or mitigate threats).

The new releases steals time away, making actions take longer, therefore, increasing the difficulty.
I won't disagree.

And, indeed, I do believe that this ought to be changed back to roughly what it was before.
Of course, this will also make players mine faster, unless there is an alternate value for mining ore vs objects, but mining ore is extremely minor compared to picking stuff up, so it doesn't matter much.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Well, I can confirm we had a +100% way back in 0.12, 0.14.7, but not 0.15 . So It fell off at one point and I never noticed. Probably when we got bullets that did 5 damage instead of 2.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

I think when gun turrets got their own extra damage boost from research, which actually goes past 100% but it does start off a lot less.
Last edited by SyncViews on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

SyncViews wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:52 am
I think when gun turrets got their own extra damage boost from research, which actually goes past 100% but it does start off a lot less.
Pretty sure he's right and that gun turrets had a base +100% damage. Wiki page mentions it before it was edited out in Oct 2017.

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... did=150857

Odd that it's not in the patch notes, though. Guessing it was part of 0.15's change "Increased the damage of most player ammos." but didn't get it's own line item.

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

No miss-remembered that, research change was earlier (checked 0.14).

Regular rounds went from 2 to 5 more than making up the difference, but piercing rounds went from 5 damage to 8 so less than double there between 0.14 and 0.15 .

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

xfir01 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 am
SyncViews wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:52 am
Pretty sure he's right and that gun turrets had a base +100% damage. Wiki page mentions it before it was edited out in Oct 2017.

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... did=150857

Odd that it's not in the patch notes, though. Guessing it was part of 0.15's change "Increased the damage of most player ammos." but didn't get it's own line item.
Turret damage was changed along with turret size back in 0.12, when laser and gun turrets were normalized at 2x2 size iirc (flamethrower turret came after).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”