Question for you main bus junkies

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Darryncosta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Question for you main bus junkies

Post by Darryncosta »

Do you build on one or both sides or the main bus?

Ive been buiding on one side of the main bus only but before i know it my yellow science is getting built in bitter territory.... building on the other side of the bus gives me the heebeegeebees and i dont know why. I need input from other ppl to deal with my issues with the other side of the bus. ( i build on the side close to my iron line)
Last edited by Darryncosta on Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Question for you main bus junkies

Post by Zavian »

Some people try to build everything all on one side of the bus, some people don't care.

The main advantage to always building on only one side is that it makes it easier to expand the bus (add more belts and make it wider). Personally I just try to plan things first, then move to decentralised production when I want to expand output more.

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

I put most stuff on one side of the bus. Fluids go on the other side along with most stuff fluids make (cement, sometimes electric engines). Having copper go left and right from the bus sometimes makes things a bit crowded.

Recently my bus has been used for the starter and store/mall. When I get things started (Logistics) I start a separate research base and make all the rocket stuff at different bases. (Looking for 12,000 science per HOUR, nothing like a mega base.)

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Right now I have multiple buses and each of them have:
left | right
chips | mall
module | module components
labs | bottles
ores | plates

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

I put circuit production on the other side of the bus. But some distance away so I can still expand the bus a bit if necessary.

Return to “General discussion”