So how's your OCD doing?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Bauer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: So how's your OCD doing?

Post by Bauer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Hit F4, "show tile grid" --> see chunks marked on map --> place radar --> F4 to switch off "show tile grid"

Trebor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trebor » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Bauer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm
Hit F4, "show tile grid" --> see chunks marked on map --> place radar --> F4 to switch off "show tile grid"
Now I don’t have to pause the game! That makes my OCD a little more bearable, but is that a good thing?

HurkWurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HurkWurk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Bauer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm
was going to suggest the same. i mostly play with grid on. it also helps when placing factories, etc, so that you dont have update issues where one machine or pipe in a series is in a different chunk so updated differently. etc.

i play with a lot of mods, so it also matters for power. I tend to place mark 3 sub stations on the corner of every chunk, and stop using power poles at all inside my walls.

Trebor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trebor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:57 pm

HurkWurk wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:18 pm
I tend to place mark 3 sub stations on the corner of every chunk, and stop using power poles at all inside my walls.
That's very different from what I've done. I use a lot of power switches so I've got power poles all over the place so power only goes where it should and doesn't leak between units.

Trebor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trebor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:03 pm

So chunks are 32 tile wide and large power poles span 30 tiles. If you place a large pole on one edge of a chunk and go as far as you can before placing the next it will just reach the other side of the chunk. What this means is if you want chunk aligned rail AND you want your large poles on their natural grid all your chunk aligned rail/power blueprints need to be 16x16 chunks!

Trebor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trebor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 pm

I've been thinking about my next factory. I'm thinking rail world with each production unit being walled and self solar powered. Each unit should be aligned on chunk boundaries with two or more chunks separating them. The rail will probably be on a grid of 16 chunks between crossings (see prior post).

Return to “General discussion”