That moment when,

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: That moment when,

Post by keyboardhack »

You realize that water is now the biggest bottleneck in your oil production even though you have multiple parallel pipes supplying water.
Waste of bytes : P

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

@keyboardhack: ah, had it, too. :) I was looking so :shock: ... the secret is to add pumps. With underground belts you should add it every 100 tiles. 5 small pumps in parallel will do the job. But all of that doesn't make it with my refinery: 60 refineries, 50 oil cracking chem plants,... I needed 2 full pipes of water, to supply that all... :o
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

ssilk wrote:@keyboardhack: ah, had it, too. :) I was looking so :shock: ... the secret is to add pumps. With underground belts you should add it every 100 tiles. 5 small pumps in parallel will do the job. But all of that doesn't make it with my refinery: 60 refineries, 50 oil cracking chem plants,... I needed 2 full pipes of water, to supply that all... :o
5 small pumps every so often and 3 pumsps to supply water. Figured it out while playing with liquids over a long distance. It doesn't really make sense that pumps are needed more than once considering that the pumps are waterproof and therfore cannot lose the pressure inside of them. But it's an interesting mechanic that requires you to work it into your plans so i like it. Currently having 90 refineries and 70 oil cracking chem plants.
The complexity of oil refining is becomming an interesting challenge when you have to work around the pipes natural flow limit.

- You are waiting for robots to deliver what you requested but then realize that you are just outside the orange robot zone.

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

That moment when something smell burn

http://imgur.com/B7Qgi7v
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

Skellitor301
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Skellitor301 »

you build up production starting with the end result and you go backwards in production by placing assemblers making what is needed for the component you placed prior. Once done you see it's a big jumbled mess you never want to mess with again and it becomes the tumor in your factory

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

you think you have enough solar panels to last forever and then later have to expand again.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

That moment when your modular armor battery dies, taking your speed bonus with it, followed by being eaten by biters.
(I use slow capsules now)
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Skellitor301
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Skellitor301 »

That youtube series you've been watching and keeping up to date daily hit it's final episode. ( Lookin at you AMASS!! cant wait for your next series :D )

Lupoviridae
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Lupoviridae »

ssilk wrote:@keyboardhack: ah, had it, too. :) I was looking so :shock: ... the secret is to add pumps. With underground belts you should add it every 100 tiles. 5 small pumps in parallel will do the job. But all of that doesn't make it with my refinery: 60 refineries, 50 oil cracking chem plants,... I needed 2 full pipes of water, to supply that all... :o
I typically only use one offshore pump per line. Since 60 UOL/s transport rate can be maintained over a long distance, I find it usually easiest to just put multiple 60 UOL/s pipes in parallel. If you use 2 offshore pumps into one line (120 UOL/s) you need 4 parallel small pumps every 14 tiles (or 7 pipe-to-ground stitches). With 60 UOL/s you can literally go hundreds of tiles (357) until you need to put in just 2 small pumps.

...you are in the middle of massive contruction robot deforestation and you realize the chests you put down to store the wood have long since filled up, and now your main logistics storage is clogged with wood.

wooaa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wooaa »

you wonder why your oil belt is not working and find out that it is because you put the inserters backwards.

Return to “General discussion”