That moment when,

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Caseycc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

That moment when,

Post by Caseycc »

You notice one of your robo-ports has your own name on it :D

Subzero22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: That moment when,

Post by Subzero22 »

You just finished making you mining base and forgot to set up defenses

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

you notice the power problems you're having is because you somehow have ended up with two discreet and independent power networks despite having an ungodly mess of power poles.

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

-root wrote:you notice the power problems you're having is because you somehow have ended up with two discreet and independent power networks despite having an ungodly mess of power poles.
I had this happen once where the laser turrets on one side of my base was powered by a handful of solar panels because the power poles I setup while not connected to the main grid, ended up with a few solar panels in their electrical network. As a result the dozens of laser turrets setup to defend that part of the base weren't very effective... especially at night.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

ColonelFailure
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ColonelFailure »

You find yourself eaten by numerous mid-size biters because the power is off, leading to your defenses failing to kick in, because 5 minutes ago you accidentally reversed one piece of conveyor that was feeding your power plant fuel.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

there is not enough coal to mine coal.

Caseycc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Caseycc »

cube wrote:there is not enough coal to mine coal.
Haha, currently when my lasers defend at night they suck up so much priority power that the arms feeding the boilers run out of power, followed by the boilers. I have to wait till mid day for the solar panels to bring everything back up.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

when you notice, that burner inserter suddenly have a sense (since v0.10.).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

you drive a really long way in a desert and forgot to bring extra fuel.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Caseycc wrote:Haha, currently when my lasers defend at night they suck up so much priority power that the arms feeding the boilers run out of power, followed by the boilers. I have to wait till mid day for the solar panels to bring everything back up.
ssilk wrote:when you notice, that burner inserter suddenly have a sense (since v0.10.).
I use burner inserters to feed my boilers now.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

you accidentally fill your inventory with stone and curse at -root

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

FishSandwich wrote:you accidentally fill your inventory with stone and curse at -root
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate that moment when you program a smart inserter wrong and it goes wild making 10x what you actually wanted to.

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

-root wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate that moment when you program a smart inserter wrong and it goes wild making 10x what you actually wanted to.
Twice I did this in my Romanesque Factory. The first was producing about 4.3K in Blue Science Packs, when I only wanted about 100 in the Logistics Network at any one time...

The second was when I switched an assembler to produce Train Stops that had been producing Rail Signals, but forgot to switch over the smart inserter settings. When I finally caught it, I had well over 700 Train Stops in the output chest...

And of course:

That moment when I put down a bunch of storage chests to store excess ore from my unloading station, only to realize I had previously replaced a lot of smart chests with ACTIVE provider chests in most of my factory (with green and red wire conditions no less) which sent production in the factory into overdrive as the Logistics Bots went nuts grabbing everything with production controls I had so carefully configured...

I can probably add another one for -root: "The time in a Factorio Fixit he picked up a chest before he realized it had something like 3.1K of stuff in it :lol: :lol: :lol:
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

sbroadbent wrote:The time in a Factorio Fixit he picked up a chest before he realized it had something like 3.1K of stuff in it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah, the good ol' chest-splosion! Never has a patch been so gratefully received. I did it so freaking often! :lol: So thankful the devs sorted that one out.

I remember a really bad one that took me about 20minutes to fix in my let's play :shock: . Luckily it was off camera...

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

you just finish setting up a new mining outpost for copper because the old one is running low, then check your factory's inventory...

(and yes, some smart inserters may not have been set up quite as they should :lol: )
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

assassin129
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by assassin129 »

You realize you've been playing Factorio for 7 hours straight....then continue playing. :mrgreen:

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lxl »

You realize that letting robos replace "that special pipe" is more reliable than avoiding ram it.

@Boogie, how do you get that info. I've typed every key and didn't see it.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

lxl wrote:@Boogie, how do you get that info. I've typed every key and didn't see it.
That was all in my logistics network (yes, I know :roll: ), so just hover over any logistics chest to pop it up.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

The Colonist
Inserter
Inserter

Post by The Colonist »

That moment when you get an update from the dev on "Friday Facts" and you scream like a little girl.

Return to “General discussion”