Fungal Intelligence, Factorio & Trains

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DarkOmen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Fungal Intelligence, Factorio & Trains

Post by DarkOmen »

So I was watching this video

https://youtu.be/GwKuFREOgmo

Basically its a slime mould, where food is placed at each node / station and the slime mould grows the links / train lines in an efficient means
Then I started thinking about how to do something similar in factorio, where the Centre would be your furnace setup and the outer nodes either a mine or a production facility. But i got caught up on the efficiency of the central hub and the best way to optimise it so all trains spend an minimal amount of time within the hub.

So My Question is How would you design the hub to be able to smelt any type of ore and then efficiently get the trains both in and out of the hub in a somewhat efficient time.
Cause as it stands using robots its something like

Time to empty train = (Number of chests per station ) ^ ( number of stations ) e ( if the chest is full )
Time to fill train = ( Number of requester chests per station ) ^ ( number of stations )

And for the purpose of this I planing for the hub to have 16 stations, 8 going in opposite directions where each train has 4 carriage wagons, with turnarounds and stackers as needed

Return to “General discussion”