0.16.7 Fluid wagons - why

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
SilentStorm
Inserter
Inserter

0.16.7 Fluid wagons - why

Post by SilentStorm »

Any reason for changing the fluid wagons to single compartment / fluid?
This is being used a lot in my base to make smaller trains and unloading.
Now with the single fluid per wagon I have to either use more (or larger) trains and on top of that have to add complex circuit logic controlling the pumps based on the train currently arriving. Or I would have to waste a ton of space adding more stations to the relevant places in the base / outposts. All of that for no apparent benefit whatsoever.

Not to mention that circuit controlled pumps seem to get pumps stuck regularly, causing the train to not move and the location running out of the resources the train provides.

Caine
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 0.16.7 Fluid wagons - why

Post by Caine »

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

SilentStorm wrote:Not to mention that circuit controlled pumps seem to get pumps stuck regularly, causing the train to not move and the location running out of the resources the train provides.
Any chance you are running into fluid being less than 1 (but greater than 0) and the circuit network rounding that down to zero?

SilentStorm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SilentStorm »

Zavian wrote:
SilentStorm wrote:Not to mention that circuit controlled pumps seem to get pumps stuck regularly, causing the train to not move and the location running out of the resources the train provides.
Any chance you are running into fluid being less than 1 (but greater than 0) and the circuit network rounding that down to zero?
No, I have seen the pumps not working at random levels of fluid in the train. Several thousand units at times.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] A 4th topic of complaining discussion on the fluid barrel subject will add nothing constructive.
This is now locked, feel free to participate to the discussion on the other topics linked on second post.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”