Effective use of poison capsules

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Laturine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Effective use of poison capsules

Post by Laturine »

I recently upgraded to the Mk2 power armor and threw 3 exoskleles in there and sent off to capture land from the natives. I've always liked poison caps because I hate worms and they kill worms. So what is their effective use? They STACK! Like a warlock's dots they wonderfully stack and they're CHEAP! Much cheaper than destroyer caps.

So here's the working strat :
Find large biter bases charge into it with auto shotty blazing and kill as many spawners as possible not worrying about biters *warning* (don't get surrounded or you're dead) run around spawners until all dead. Or if you have a size able biter swarm following you run into a fairly open space run in a circle until biters are bunched up nice and cozy drop 10- 15poison caps in center of circle and continue running around the poison gas hugging the deadly cloud as the biters die.

*bonus* post screen shots with largest biter pulls employing this strat.
*warning* don't be fooled with your previous use of poison caps where you calmly stood amidst it's poison and didn't concern yourself with death. This cloud of fifteen, stacked will kill you quickly before you have time to eat your fish.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Effective use of poison capsules

Post by _aD »

Slow-down capsules help this strategy - run in and get a nice tail of biters, then give them a few slow-down capsules and they turn into a snail's pace, blocking each other and the other biters that might not be affected. Then poison and shotty away. Fun times!

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Effective use of poison capsules

Post by Rahjital »

You don't even need poison capsules anymore when you have MK2 power armor, just grab your autoshotgun and go kill stuff :P Poison capsules are very useful when you use a car to fight since you take no damage from the poison when in it.

Return to “General discussion”