factorio is ded

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

factorio is ded

Post by dog80 »

so all the bugfixing and stabilizing for sure great - still the last big change in the game were the additional science packs and they dont make any sence at all. sadly. getting oil and building blue science was like the final step to reach the next evolution of the base, now it is just 1/3 or even less of the deal. research beeing in general just more expensive, just slows the game down. i get blue science - i can improve my player -> somehow useless when you have just a small base. i can get tons of weird dmg and weapon upgrades - all useless i have lazer turrets. -> i can get nuclear -> i need new ressource -> i prefer solar anyways. so now build like blue/purple/gold science infrastructure -> get bots -> finally yay, so i can just rebuild it all... feels so sad. i want trains. and so on. if purple/golden science would just really bring you some stuff that is usefull, and not just be there added to the requirement of blue science. so everything you did get through blue science before, now you need purple and golden science as well... its so lame. its not some kind of semantic addition like - red the starter stuff - green a little bit more advanced - blue the big thing. now purple ok meh, golden wtf ok now this and that urghs... making science liquids out of gun turrets ok. But maybe thats just the limit of factorio atm, it cant really improve anymore. it will get balanced, etc. but maybe i have to accept that its just that. and move on. Its a big problem about games, that they reach a point where its only about balancing anymore, this will though finalize the game and make it super stable etc, it will at the same time stop any further development. because you dont risk anything anymore. its working. you are making calculations on what balancing improvements you take but you ignore the actual weak points. or more that the success of a game is its development. - reusing used uranium cells, i mean, who the fuck though about that stuff? how boring can it even get. sry... etc-

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: factorio is ded

Post by Jap2.0 »

I don't feel like responding to that (an uncapitalized, uninformed, misspelled rant with bad grammar), so I'll direct you to Friday Facts 159 and Friday Facts 187 so you can read about why the developers changed science. You also seem to be complaining about a lack of new features and then saying there were new big features but you aren't using them due to personal preference, so you are completely disregarding them, which seems a bit silly to me.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Sicnarf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sicnarf »

I think this release just added lots of customization so that people could change the settings to play the game the way they wanted to without resorting to lots of mods. Or you could say they just included all the most popular mods :) As a vanilla player I like rail world settings and am happy out with 0.15 this game is not ded to me by a long shot.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

For standard experience, there is vanilla. And it's a bloody damn good standard experience if you ask me.
When fed-up with standard, you can always mod whatever you like. Period.
Also, I thing this thread is just a big trollrant that isn't even remotely close to try and be constructive, thus I lock it. If you want discussion, at least try to start a discussion.
[Koub] Topic locked.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”