do dev planning on DLC ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

do dev planning on DLC ?

Post by Hellatze »

well its ok as long the DLC :

- provide a lot of content.
- just cosmetics
- normal price as should it be.

DLC are not ok if :

- provide pay to win
- small content
- overpriced

inform me when they want to add DLC.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: do dev planning on DLC ?

Post by Koub »

Maybe we can let them finish the game first ? I honestly dont like when devs start getting DLC out almost before the game is even released.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Marza
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Marza »

There was a recent discussion that covered a similar topic. The answer from that thread is probably very appropriate here: No one knows the answer to your question, since it's thinking of a schedule far (probably too far) ahead in time.

featherwinglove
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by featherwinglove »

It seems extremely unlikely to me that we will see paid DLC ever. Among free-to-play early access games (only one notch above asset flipping in my opinion), DLC is along the lines of what we already have as free overhaul mod packs (e.g. Bob's, Angels, 5dim, especially Hardcorio, which has traces of a story.) UNLESS, and I think this would be awesome, a campaign which has no effect on the game's mechanics (and which you can mod to your heart's content), which features fancy artistic content, such as model photo sprites, voice acting, and live action cutscenes. Exactly the same Factorio, but with triple-A eye candy and story. Given how Command & Conquer did this as their bread-and-butter, and so many C&C-inspired mods already, it seems like it would be a big hit.

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rldml »

After finishing the game, DLCs would be great.

I have no problem to pay 10 to 15 bucks every half a year to support the dev team to continue the development for this game. With upcoming released DLC they could make something like a battle chest (like WoW) for new players to get the stuff to an actual version with only one buy.

Of course, you can get a lot of thing with addons like Angel's and Bob's, but that don't bother me. And perhaps the contents of a DLC are in mods too, but this is not my point either. I like to play vanilla for there i know the game is balanced by a team, who knows factorio best.

Greetings, Ronny

Return to “General discussion”