MODS

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Zaqzorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

MODS

Post by Zaqzorn »

I do enjoy modding factorio but so many of the mods assets just do not fit the ascetics of the game. and it puts me off when something just doesn't look right, i cannot play bobs/angels for this reason, the artwork just doesn't match factorio imo. can anyone tell me some mods that do look like they belong in the game? and not stick out like sandals and socks XD

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MODS

Post by Koub »

If Yuoki's mods don't fit your lust for adequate graphics, I don't know what will :)
viewforum.php?f=70
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

grimdanfango
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grimdanfango »

Koub wrote:If Yuoki's mods don't fit your lust for adequate graphics, I don't know what will :)
viewforum.php?f=70
They're certainly a decent effort, but to my eye, they still don't sit terribly well with either the style or lighting of the base game.

It must be pretty hard to do, assuming the devs haven't made their 3D-package lighting environment available. (have they?)

Assuming they pre-render the graphics using some combination of fixed lighting rig and an HDRI environment map... if they could supply those to the modding community, it would be a lot easier to create assets that at least fit in with the lighting, and that would probably be more than half the battle of making stuff look "right".

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BLuehasia »

Hey, mod makers great mods but its ugly! and i need to voice my opinion on the main boards that's not to do with mods.
The mods are most likely all made by coders and not graphic artist. feel free to hire an artist for them so they can have art assets to use with their mods.

Return to “General discussion”