I'm new here

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: I'm new here

Post by y.petremann »

slpwnd wrote:
Nova wrote:What? You lose the factorio.com version if you want the game on steam? Since when? Has that changed? o_O
We try to be really careful regarding promises when it comes to steam accounts vs. Factorio accounts. This is because we have no experience with deploying a game to steam so we don't know what to expect. All that can be said now is that if Steam allows that (which I assume they do) then we will allow the users to own the game on Steam if they bought it via our website. We cannot tell much about whether it will be "choose either steam or factorio.com" or "you can have both" since we don't have the information to decide this now.

Anyone knows how other (indie) games (in alpha) do this?
A lot of game I've bought through Humble Bundle were "Steam + Non-Steam" As an example where it is important for me is the game Braid. Braid is a linux compatible game from before steam linux comes, but on steam, it's a windows only game ...

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Was it ever written on the site that you will get an addition steam key if you buy the game on the site? Can't remember if that was on your site or some other game's site.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/ is a good example I find. There you get a key for steam but you also have access to the mac/linux/pc drm free builds via the site. Currently this seems to be the most popular method for most indie games.

Return to “General discussion”