Underground belt lane splitting, anyone else hate it?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
adrienne224
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Splitter

Post by adrienne224 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 am

We all know
Last edited by adrienne224 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Underground belt lane splitting, anyone else hate it?

Post by Koub » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:28 am

[Koub] Merged into "anti underground belt lane splitting" topic
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:35 pm

I still think that allowing a setting for the existing splitter would work great. Just let you block off any combination of the outputs.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3657

Lets you simulate this, except you don't have to add new objects, just a setting for the existing one. Kinda like ?bobs? dynamic inserters which let you set the range they apply to, or however it works.

Block off the outer two or the inner two, or all but one, would work great....
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Pre-Fusion - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Mineable rock - Vanilla
Easy Refineries -V16
Rocket range - V15
Combat Revamp - Restin'
Shield Pulse - Working on

Tekky
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tekky » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Yes, I agree. And if would also be nice to be able to connect this splitter to the circuit network, so that it only blocks a certain side of the belt when a certain condition is true or false.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 am

How about a belt piece with 2 inputs (N/S) and 2 outputs (W/E). Both inputs are split by side and redirected to the output on that side. And if you just want to split one belt connect only one input (input and output change when you rotate obviously). No need for a dedicated T belt junction.

sarcolopter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sarcolopter » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 pm
sarcolopter wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:
sarcolopter wrote:never had a need for this in all the rockets i've launched, i don't get why people do it tbh
There are a surprising number of things I've never needed to use in the game, but I don't think the people who do use them are playing incorrectly.
Quote where I said I think they are playing incorrectly.
I apologize. "I don't get why you'd do that" is synonymous in my mind with "You're not doing it correctly." Are you asking for reasons instead?
Weird that you would think two completely different sentences mean exactly the same thing. Is English your second language?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:42 pm

sarcolopter wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm
5thHorseman wrote:
sarcolopter wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:
sarcolopter wrote:never had a need for this in all the rockets i've launched, i don't get why people do it tbh
There are a surprising number of things I've never needed to use in the game, but I don't think the people who do use them are playing incorrectly.
I apologize. "I don't get why you'd do that" is synonymous in my mind with "You're not doing it correctly." Are you asking for reasons instead?
Weird that you would think two completely different sentences mean exactly the same thing. Is English your second language?
Weird that you would think two completely different phrases mean exactly the same thing. Is English your second language?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

sarcolopter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sarcolopter » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Jap2.0 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:42 pm
sarcolopter wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:
sarcolopter wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:
Weird that you would think two completely different phrases mean exactly the same thing. Is English your second language?
I don't. You equated "don't get why you'd do that" with "You're not doing it correctly" by saying they're synonymous. They're not synonymous, they mean different things.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:13 pm

sarcolopter wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:58 pm
Jap2.0 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:42 pm
sarcolopter wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:
I don't. You equated "don't get why you'd do that" with "You're not doing it correctly" by saying they're synonymous. They're not synonymous, they mean different things.
Two minor things, and then I'll get out of your conversation:
1. I am not 5thHorseman
2. "Synonymous in my mind" is not the exact same as "mean[ing] exactly the same thing". I normally would not bring this up, but judging from your comments it appears to be relevant.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:42 pm

So about that lane splitting thing again?
I have over 1000 hours in factorio now and got by perfectly fine without even knowing it exists.
This is a pure min-max space efficiency kind of thing.

Doesn't matter if it's counter intuitive, if you're down to that level of control, you have hundreds of hours in this game already and probably found out about it yourself.
And if you're a beginner this isn't really something you need to concern yourself with.
Use full belts and sideloading and you'll be perfectly fine.

Return to “General discussion”