Dumbest way to take out a spawner

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
WovenCookie
Inserter
Inserter

Dumbest way to take out a spawner

Post by WovenCookie »

if you are a billionaire about to finish your game, then i have a suggestion, make a train track around a bunch of bitter spawners, then put a bunch a trains on it and set up 2 stations and set wait time to zero,then set the trains to automatic and get out of the circle. then get the bitters attracted to you and they all go splat. this sounds like a retarded way to kill a spawner, well, it is. i got his idea because every time in my world i happen to cross my tracks, in a car or by foot, i get hit by the train so yeah you can guess were the story goes.

Anyway i want to start a new thread saying the dumbest way someone took out a bitter spawner you heard mine so what did all of you do?

Pipebomb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Dumbest way to take out a spawner

Post by Pipebomb »

IED Car Bomb!

roman566
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by roman566 »

Pipebomb wrote:IED Car Bomb!
Spawner has about 300HP, car 500? Ramming a single spawner with a car is a valid tactic.

kingofzeal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kingofzeal »

I've found trains are a wonderful way of taking out large groups of biters. In at least one game I would purposely gather as many as I could and run very close to (but not on) the track until a train came. Best part was that it ran through a thick forest, meaning 80%+ of them were on the track at any given time.

WovenCookie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WovenCookie »

Yeah honestly i just got an idea if you are doing hardcore mod, surround your base with a couple trains and leave a spot to enter and exit, because its not walls they won't go for the entrance.

roothorick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by roothorick »

roman566 wrote:Spawner has about 300HP, car 500? Ramming a single spawner with a car is a valid tactic.
No joke, this is how I get most of my artifacts early game, if the evolution factor drifts too high and I get a significant amount of big biters before I'm geared for turret creep.If I'm really desperate I'll have four or five cars lined up on opposite sides of the hive and just keep hopping from car to car and going back for more.

darkminaz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by darkminaz »

build a solid wall around it, add turrets etc. leave 1 entry for a car -> BOOM
slightly overkill but hey, sometimes you just have to many things and you wana make it flashy :D

i hope they add planes soon, so i can create a bomb zone with walls around it.
i'm horrible, so i get why they wana kill me xD

UpGoing Kerbal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by UpGoing Kerbal »

Just Rambo it!
No capsules allowed, only weapons.

It really only works if you got for a small base...

darkminaz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by darkminaz »

works awesome with a combat shotgun a armor full with +speed .. idk why you need capsules in the first place
just run in there, blast through -> keep runnin -> hit it again <-- repeat till the whole base is empthy / ammo is gone -> run to laz0rguncity :D
capsules are way to expensive for any real use ^^

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

WovenCookie wrote:if you are a billionaire about to finish your game, then i have a suggestion, make a train track around a bunch of bitter spawners, then put a bunch a trains on it and set up 2 stations and set wait time to zero,then set the trains to automatic and get out of the circle. then get the bitters attracted to you and they all go splat. this sounds like a retarded way to kill a spawner, well, it is. i got his idea because every time in my world i happen to cross my tracks, in a car or by foot, i get hit by the train so yeah you can guess were the story goes.

Anyway i want to start a new thread saying the dumbest way someone took out a bitter spawner you heard mine so what did all of you do?
Even better is to load up the Automatic Rail Laying Machine mod with a ton of track and run them over :D

Unfortunately my aim was off with this one and I didn't take it out in one shot. On my first attempt I overshot it and wasn't able to get a good picture.

SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

darkminaz wrote:works awesome with a combat shotgun a armor full with +speed .. idk why you need capsules in the first place
just run in there, blast through -> keep runnin -> hit it again <-- repeat till the whole base is empthy / ammo is gone -> run to laz0rguncity :D
capsules are way to expensive for any real use ^^
When biters get really numerous lazors stop being enough. One big biter can soak up to a thirty laser beams, when there's a horde of those I may take a while until all of them die. A dozen of capsules performs better if you keep the horde inside the cloud formed. Explosive rockets stop being expensive too once you start killing twenty big biters per seven shots.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

darkminaz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by darkminaz »

my maindeff base got 300 lasers (thats why i called it sparta)
i think 30 per dude is nothing :D

+ just build fast belts to slow the monsters down.
only a few ever reach the wall :)

Return to “General discussion”