Looking for some MP compatible save files with lots of mods

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Looking for some MP compatible save files with lots of mods

Post by Rseding91 »

I finished what I was working on - thanks everyone :)

Hello, I'm working on some changes for the next version of 0.15 that will detect more possible ways when mods aren't MP safe to use and I was wondering if you the community would be willing to provide some save files that you're currently using in MP with as many mods as possible.

Thanks,
Rseding91
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

primedead
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Looking for some MP compatible save files with lots of mods

Post by primedead »

Hey I saw this message and what I thought of and have been thinking of in the past is have a head-modmaker like nexela and make him mark mods good/bad. Also get to nexela about this ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Nexela writes horrible code... you should read his comments sometimes

primedead
Inserter
Inserter

Post by primedead »

But nexela is good at complaining about other people's code. Everytime I talk to him he complains about it. He does make some weird mistakes himself though like leaving debug settings on in his own code. Not everyone can be perfect though.

primedead
Inserter
Inserter

Post by primedead »

On the serious note: we do have a group with a couple of great modmakers, YouTubers klonan and twinsen. The modmakers are: nexela, arch666angel, earendel and magmamcfry. All the mods are watched by multiple people and should be multiplayer save or have a base game desync issue fixed in the next patch.

primedead
Inserter
Inserter

Post by primedead »

Hey, I waited with a modpack for vanilla to be more stable. Vanilla looks pretty stable now and I have set up a huge modpack. This is the modpack:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... lhZTVhLOGc . it now still runs on the server but I will give you an autosave. Until now the only issue we had was that you need to add the mod-config manually because angel's infinite ores says it's a different checksum when it's config is changed or something like that. The server is the arumba 0.15 modded server and runs 0.15.9. Most of these mods are quick updated from 0.14 to 0.15 so there might be some optimisation issues. The mods seem stable to us though other than some base game bugs. Most of these mods are "Nexela approved" so he agrees that the mods are stable in multiplayer. I hope this really helps you.
Attachments
_autosave33.zip
This is the autosave
(7.79 MiB) Downloaded 79 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

primedead wrote:Hey, I waited with a modpack for vanilla to be more stable. Vanilla looks pretty stable now and I have set up a huge modpack. This is the modpack:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... lhZTVhLOGc . it now still runs on the server but I will give you an autosave. Until now the only issue we had was that you need to add the mod-config manually because angel's infinite ores says it's a different checksum when it's config is changed or something like that. The server is the arumba 0.15 modded server and runs 0.15.9. Most of these mods are quick updated from 0.14 to 0.15 so there might be some optimisation issues. The mods seem stable to us though other than some base game bugs. Most of these mods are "Nexela approved" so he agrees that the mods are stable in multiplayer. I hope this really helps you.
Thanks for the mods set :D 2 of them are MP unsafe and won't work in 0.15.10 FYI: RSO and Asphalt Roads. They're doing event registration wrong in a way that can easily result in desyncs when you join any MP game.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I tried to point that out (RSO) to someone but nobody would listen to me!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Nexela wrote:I tried to point that out (RSO) to someone but nobody would listen to me!
That would mean that there are a lot of people that don't report those desyncs.

Atm it seems that either I rewrite some stuff or RSO will be effectively disabled from next version.

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the mods set :D 2 of them are MP unsafe and won't work in 0.15.10 FYI: RSO and Asphalt Roads. They're doing event registration wrong in a way that can easily result in desyncs when you join any MP game.
Can you explain a bit more? RSO is quite complex, but Asphalt Roads has a pretty simple control file?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Code: Select all

script.on_event(defines.events.on_tick, function(event)
    -- reload asphalt recipe at each game start (might be altered by other mods or config options)
    for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
        force.recipes["Arci-asphalt"].reload()
    end
    -- unregister the handler to execute this only one time
    script.on_event(defines.events.on_tick, nil)
end)
Remove the tick handler and put that code in on_configuration_changed. On second glance it shouldn't be needed at all So just just kabosh it. Recipes are automagically reloaded when a version # changes

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:Recipes are automagically reloaded when a version # changes
I think it is done only if you have a migration script?
BTW, I also wonder what RSO has done wrong. Haven't checked its code. But want to see if I have made the same mistake too.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Mooncat wrote:
BTW, I also wonder what RSO has done wrong. Haven't checked its code. But want to see if I have made the same mistake too.
Since 0.15 it's done if a single byte of any mod changes.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Mooncat wrote:
I had on_load that was doing quite a lot of things. It would usually reduce to initializing local variables by checking global if rest of things was already done so it wouldn't desync immediately I think.
After few h puzzling over and searching why table won't store into global correctly I managed to move all the stuff to global table now. So there is only on_init and then updates are made in on_configuration_changed to reload all the ores againa and rebuild config tables.

Return to “General discussion”