Sulfuric acid plant consuming sulfur for no reason

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
pf_moore
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Sulfuric acid plant consuming sulfur for no reason

Post by pf_moore »

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding the fluid rules here somehow. I have a pretty standard battery production layout - petroleum + water -> sulfur, sulfur + iron + water -> sulfuric acid, sulfuric acid + iron + copper -> batteries. Batteries are fully backed up, so nothing should be getting consumed in the battery factory. But there's a steady input of sulfur into the acid plant. There are no tanks or anything involved, just a pipe from the acid plant that branches into 3 battery plants.

What's going on? It seems like sulfuric acid is slowly being lost from the system.

It's probably no big deal, I'll just box up the batteries for now rather than letting the line back up. But it does annoy me a bit that I don't understand what's going on...

Paul
Attachments
Batteries.png
Batteries.png (648.73 KiB) Viewed 2497 times

Thourion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Sulfuric acid plant consuming sulfur for no reason

Post by Thourion »

Not 100% sure, but i think the sulfur is getin the whole stack inside the acid plant. Meaning you should have around 50 if you look inside the acid one.
Same deal for the sulfur plant, if you remove the output, it will keep producing sulfur until 50.

Lemme know if im right.

pf_moore
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pf_moore »

Thourion wrote:Not 100% sure, but i think the sulfur is getin the whole stack inside the acid plant. Meaning you should have around 50 if you look inside the acid one.
Same deal for the sulfur plant, if you remove the output, it will keep producing sulfur until 50.

Lemme know if im right.
Doesn't seem like it. I thought of that, but the sulfur goes up to 5 (enough for one unit of acid) then it's consumed and it starts again. But there's nowhere the acid is needed. Trouble is, unlike solid goods you can't see where the output goes, so it just disappears into the pipe...

Ah, no - I found it. The pipe itself fills up till it has 10 units of acid in it. So once all the pipe segments have 10 units in, the production stops and the sulfur starts backing up again.

Mystery solved - thanks for pointing me on the right track.
Paul

Thourion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thourion »

Ah yeah, i forgot about the pipes :mrgreen:
Glad you found it.

Return to “General discussion”