Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Creedless82
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Creedless82 »

Hey there,

i'm not a fan of big words so i'll keep it short and simple:

Thank you for making such a lovely game!
Thank you for countless hours of pure gaming fun!
Thank you for making it so very customizable via mod support!
Thank you for not pushing things too fast!

Well, thank you and keep up the fantastic work!

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Thank you

Post by hoho »

Thanks indeed. I wish the game would somehow track the time I play it, I'm quite likely nearing or over 1000h already :)

I've been massively disappointed in vast majority of AAA titles released in several years but Factorio has been THE timesink for me for months now.

Creedless82
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Creedless82 »

hoho wrote:Thanks indeed. I wish the game would somehow track the time I play it, I'm quite likely nearing or over 1000h already :)
Hehe, so am I :D And to be honest, I'm kind of happy about the fact, that it does not track the complete time played. Several saves with 40+ hours are more than enough already ;)

hoho wrote:I've been massively disappointed in vast majority of AAA titles released in several years but Factorio has been THE timesink for me for months now.
Exactly that! Factorio is the one of only two games in the last years i consider absolutely worth every single €uro paid!

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yup I agree full heartedly! I think what I love most about the game is the fact that it keeps it's basic gameplay elements that make it awesome through each of your games, no matter what settings you use etc... But at the same time is never exactly the same. There is always new layouts to try and different maps etc... Not to mention all the mods.
I am kind of getting bored with my current save because I don't know what to so next, but already getting excited to start a brand new game and try different strategies. :D
Image Image Image

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

thanks for the game devs! its an OCD treat!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I made this sticky, cause it is an always repeating, but always welcome topic. :)

The devs stated they live for that. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

This is the game i like the most of all that i have tried.
Thank you very much, for the game, for being active with the community, for trying to solve the bugs, for the blog updates, for everything.

I can easily see myself playing for another 100s hours

Speiderful
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Speiderful »

thanks indeed for making this fantastic game:)

accel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by accel »

And thanks for the Linux version.

Fact_3011
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fact_3011 »

Already very great game. It is in alpha and makes more fun than so many other released games. The same with stability and performance. My latest savegames says that I am over 40h playing. I don't think, it could stop growing soon.
And great additional thanks for the portable windows versions. I hate installers so much. Each 100Kb tool/game must have an installer which spreads everything over my whole computer. Then uninstalling is an other plague. Same with Backups or move to an other platform. I hate it, when i must use junctions to get my savegames from some crazy hidden user folder into my games folder. Portable software can be so easy. :!:

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Thank you (Make the dev-team happy today!)

Post by Calico »

After completing freeplay number...uhm 7? 8? Total playtime likely exceeding 300 hours by now, almost half a year after buying it.

Yes, it was worth every single euro. Every 2-3 updates i come back to see whats new, also recruited 2 friends for later multiplayer games.

Great work Devs!

Also, great work Modders! Although some of the mods feeeling intimidating large to me (others love them, which is great. Mods for everyone! :D ). I very much enjoy the smaller ones. Just finished a round with ressource monitoring, raillayer and some some other small mods. An very intersting experience.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the thanks :D It means a lot to us !

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

Thanks for the thanks for the thanks! And thanks! :mrgreen:

ketil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ketil »

This game is really cool, thanks a lot :) I haven't played a long time yet, but I know I will.

DedlySpyder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DedlySpyder »

Great game. Awesome job with everything I have seen so far devs (owned the game for a few months). My most disappointing thing about the game, is that I do not have nearly enough time to play the game like I want to :D , but when multiplier comes out I will try to force my friends into it.

Thyrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thyrann »

I dont know if i should thank you or curse you for addiction to this game. :D Have it for 3 months now. Didnt sleep long enough since.

You did a superb job on this game. Keep it up. I am recommending you to everyone i know who plays games, and to some who dont. ;) In case i ever meet you i will buy you a drink (Czech republic is not a big place, so it really might happen). :D

I am looking forward to multiplayer so much. But I am little scared by that too. Will see if i ever get to bed then. :D

Anyways, thanks a lot.

johntarmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by johntarmac »

All I can say is 'Thank the Gods for Big Brother'.

That horrendous program keeps the missus occupied while I get on figuring out this great game.

Spharv2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spharv2 »

I'd like to add my thanks. Honestly, gaming has been getting harder and harder for me lately, since as I age, my attention span seems to be getting shorter and shorter. I thought the days of me sitting down and playing a game like Harpoon, War in Russia, or Civilization into the wee hours of the morning were gone. Then I bought this game. Two consecutive weekends now, I've started playing Saturday night and only been able to pull myself away when I noticed it was starting to get bright outside. I love it and hate it at the same time, I do need to sleep sometimes. :mrgreen: Congrats on crafting a fine piece of work, and I can't wait to see where it leads to.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Side note: I found it meanwhile quite useful to have something installed on the desktop, which tells me the time every 30 Minutes. So when it says "It's 2:30 am", I know I played now so long, that I can play half an hour longer and then finish...

NOT.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Khyron
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khyron »

Really great game, recommending it to all my friends. I hope multiplayer is interesting and challenging to bring more longevity to Factorio.
ssilk wrote:Side note: I found it meanwhile quite useful to have something installed on the desktop, which tells me the time every 30 Minutes. So when it says "It's 2:30 am", I know I played now so long, that I can play half an hour longer and then finish...
Last edited by Khyron on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion”