Potential New Game Mode based on Chain Signal Tutorial?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
OkariDraconis
Inserter
Inserter

Potential New Game Mode based on Chain Signal Tutorial?

Post by OkariDraconis »

1st. Shout out to the devs for such an awesome tutorial system. It is truly awesome.

So last night I checked out the Chain Signal Tutorial... and I kinda want more. I think this is more likely to implemented by modders, but I could totally see a series of Factorio puzzles coming through. Such as balance the belt, optimize this, etc. I could totally find myself sinking a few hours into something like this.

Additional the Tutorials are so focused and lite, Honestly devs, you have the start of a potential Factorio puzzle based Mobile App... I'm just sayin...
Please review this idea when you get a chance
Swarm Biters (locusts) - The Evolved Response to TurretCreep

5+ years game development experiance

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Potential New Game Mode based on Chain Signal Tutorial?

Post by Daid »

The tutorials are just custom scenarios with scripts that are started from a different menu. We've had custom scenarios for quite a while already?

aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Potential New Game Mode based on Chain Signal Tutorial?

Post by aaargha »

If you want more puzzles you can check out the "Transport belt madness" campaign if you have not already. Or you could always try this twist to the chain signal tutorial (yes, it's possible).

The "Tight spot" campaign or the supply scenario might also be worth a look, though they're not puzzles in the same way.

EDIT: Also take a look at this scenario.

Return to “General discussion”