Shotgun since 0.10

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Der_Doodle
Inserter
Inserter

Shotgun since 0.10

Post by Der_Doodle »

Cant see it in the Patch Notes (maybe I am just Blind)
But since 0.10 My normal and my Combat Shotgun only shoot a single pellet.

I know the combat shotgun was really good at 0.9 and you could kill Bases basicly alone with it but now in 0.10 it is now as useless as any other weapon that is not a laser turret nearly.

I only have Shotgun Damage on 5 in my new game instead of 6 as in the old game with 0.9 but now I need for a Biter Spawner roughly 15 shots with the Combat Shotgun assuming that no Biters are in the way and soak up the shot.

Flamers cant be upgraded (or I really dont see the Technology) and do very low damage to a swarm of Biters or Biter Spawners
Rocket Launcher (I have to admit I havent tested with more then Rocket Damage 3) need way too many hits against big worms or Spawners aswell.
Assault Rifle is Useless against Big Biters and only ok-ish vs medium Biters.

So thanks to 0.10 I am back to Laser Turret only attacks against Biter Bases (Combat Robots would maybe be a choice but there I am too lazy to make big crafting chains for them I admit)

Thourion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Shotgun since 0.10

Post by Thourion »

Its a known issue, discussed here : Resolved for the next release thread

For the meantime, you can temporary use the modfix from the 3rd post of the above thread.

Der_Doodle
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Shotgun since 0.10

Post by Der_Doodle »

Ah good to know.

I feared for a moment that they would Overnerf stuff into oblivion if something is a little bit stronger then something else like soo many other games did :)

Return to “General discussion”